Job Type: Full-time
Sahara Pines Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital located in Las Vegas, NV. As a smaller clinic we can provide personalized high-quality service for our patients and clients.
We are looking to expand our team with a caring, self-motivated, and reliable Veterinary Assistant. We provide a positive and collaborative work environment where finding the right fit is just as important as having the right skill set for private practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Care for animals by bathing, feeding, watering, and exercising
- Assist in holding and restraining animals during exams and surgical procedures
- Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, and tools
- Ensure exam and operating rooms are stocked and sterilized
- Change animal bandages, bedding, and kennel materials
- Ensure all cages and kennels are clean
- Administer medications
- Assist in collecting samples such as blood or urine for testing
- Communicate with owners and families on surgery and recovery instructions
- Perform administrative duties such as updating files and processing payments
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred
- Friendly disposition with good communication skills
- Physical ability to restrain pets when necessary (ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance)
- Dental radiographs and charting experience preferred
- Surgical prep experience preferred
- Radiology experience preferred
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records
- Experience with Impromed software is a plus
- Fear Free Certified (training available)
- Flexible schedule that allows a 4-day work week with alternating holiday responsibilities to promote work-life balance.
Sahara Pines Animal HospitalLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.