Vice President of Operations, ND West Region
Anne Carlsen Center
Bismarck, ND Area
About Anne Carlsen Center
The Anne Carlsen Center is a non-profit organization that has been providing support and services for 75 years to individuals in North Dakota with developmental disability or delay. Anne Carlsen Center is now searching for a Vice President of Operations for the ND West Region to join their team.
In partnership with and under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the VP West Region will be responsible to drive the mission, vision, and strategy of the organization at an operational level. As a key leader, the role requires strategic leadership to enhance the quality, consistency, and efficiency of services ensuring the achievement of goals and outcomes. It will be essential for the person in this role to have a strong sense of the Anne Carlsen Center mission, serving as an ambassador of the brand to increase visibility, awareness, and engagement both internally and externally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
The purpose of this role is to provide visionary, strategic, and empowering leadership that optimizes the team, promotes an integrated and innovative service environment, and provides the highest quality service to enhance clients’ lives. The ideal candidate may be located in the Bismarck or Minot, ND Areas, and have the relevant experience and skills to effectively carry out the key accountabilities of the position to include:
Provide thorough and accurate market analysis and program evaluation to determine new revenue streams and serve as an advisor to the executive leadership team on strategic direction.
Team Leadership and Management
Cultivate and demonstrate a culture that secures a strong team dynamic by getting the right people in the right positions for maximum engagement, retention, growth, and performance through development, collaboration, and empowerment.
Identify and implement operational efficiencies through shared resources, optimal utilization, and ensuring staff have the systems, processes, and support needed to continue delivering exceptional community-based services and programs.
Partner with CFO to develop and adhere to realistic yet aggressive budgets, blend funding streams, optimize cash flow, and implement a structured and efficient billing and reimbursement process.
Create and execute a business development plan that supports and expands the current and newly designed services and programs through community partnerships, provider networks, and other proactive activities.
Leverage strategy, coaching, and change management skills to foster synergy, disruption, enthusiasm, empowerment, individual adaptability, organizational stability, and disciplined execution in a time of growth.
Proudly represent the organization internally with staff and externally with the community to increase collaboration, inspire action, and build engagement, trust, and passion for the mission.
Develop metrics and measure the results and impact of client-centric initiatives, ensuring that state, national, and internal benchmarks for services and programs are exceeded.
Ensure 100% compliance with all relevant internal and external controls, rules, and regulations.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience in human service, healthcare, education, business management, or related field required
- Minimum three years management or supervisory experience in education, therapeutic, human service or healthcare field required
- Minimum five years’ experience in educational, therapeutic, community-based and residential program, regulations, and systems management preferred
- Proven experience in the change management process
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, including a proven track record in leading and growing organizations and operational efficiency
- Collaborator, team builder, and a coach when working with others
- Ability to integrate regional services and programs to align with a common vision and execution plan
- Results oriented with a focus on achieving overall organizational objectives
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Anne Carlsen Center offers the following benefit package for this position:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Tax Shelter
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 4% 401K Retirement Match
- Life Insurance/Accidental death/dismemberment
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short/Long Term Disability
Sagency, a Fargo, ND executive search and leadership consulting firm, has been retained by the Anne Carlsen Center to conduct this search for VP West Region. Sagency consultants will review and evaluate all interested parties to help the search committee review a final group for consideration. The search will be facilitated by Mike Meagher and Tami Kilzer of Sagency.
The search will be conducted in a professional manner and all potential candidates will be given consideration by the search firm and Anne Carlsen Center. Candidate conversations and information will be handled with great discretion and confidentiality. Sagency and Anne Carlsen Center are equal opportunity employers.
If after reading this Opportunity Profile, you sense that your experience, skills, and passion are a good match for Anne Carlsen Center and this role, we would like to engage with you. Please read below for the first part of the application and selection process.
The First Five Steps of the Application and Selection Process:
Step 1: Interested candidates complete the online application.
- Upload your resume and cover letter.
- The online application will be posted until position is filled.
Step 2: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant may schedule an initial phone call with qualified applicants.
Step 3: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant will schedule a 60-minute interview with specific candidates.
Step 4: If you are selected and choose to move on to interviews with the search committee, you will be asked to complete an online assessment.
Step 5: First round interviews with Anne Carlsen Center leadership team.
- First round interviews are estimated to begin in late August.
Please contact Mike Meagher at 701.388.0650 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tami Kilzer at 701.371.3324 or email@example.com with any questions or inquiries. Thank you for your time and your interest in this role.