- Posted: over a month ago
Sage Ventures is a “culture-first” company that has been built on our outstanding character, a “never stop learning” mindset, and our team-based approach. We pride ourselves on hiring the right person for the right environment. We believe that a team of 5 will out produce 10 individuals, every time. With that in mind, we are looking to add high integrity, emotionally intelligent, hard-working, outgoing, and passionate professionals that want to be part of a family atmosphere, want to grow their career, and want to have fun doing it. If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy coming to work every day and want to be part of an environment committed to helping others, hard work, humility, and growth, then please apply.
Under the direct supervision of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will oversee maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), carpentry, painting, and other building systems. More specifically:
- Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
- Assesses building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
- Hires and trains maintenance department staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of maintenance staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Develops maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assists with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates that are or have the following:
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience required, prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Skilled in drywall, plaster, painting and carpentry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues, determine repairs, and plan maintenance schedules.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- General knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Must have own tools.
Sage Ventures is a full-service vertically-integrated residential development and investment firm. As a collaboratively-run corporation, we develop, own, rehabilitate, sell, and manage exceptional properties throughout the greater Baltimore/Washington region.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including:
- PTO - 15 days accrued at 4.61 hours per pay period
- Medical, vision, dental
- 401K with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% rental discount at our properties (50% discount if you live at the property where you are employed)
- Professional development in the multi-family housing industry
Sage Ventures is an equal employment employer.
Check us out on LinkedIn!
Powered by JazzHR
Sage Ventures LLC
AddressSilver Spring, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at Sage Ventures LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?