Truck Driver CDL Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you ready to be at home at night? Take your CDL Driving experience to train others! NO teaching experience required!
SAGE provides comprehensive CDL training courses, as well as basic, advanced, and specialized tractor-trailer training. See why SAGE is a #1 rated national truck driver training school, and is trusted by some of the best trucking companies in the country. SAGE is an established truck driver training leader across the country with a curriculum modeled after the highest training standards in the trucking industry.
- Valid Class A CDL License
- Minimum two (2) years of practical trucking related experience that demonstrates instructional competency.
- A safe CDL A driving record as determined by the SAGE Safety Department.
- Knowledge/Skill: Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of safe truck driving and all of the laws and regulations covering tractor-trailer interstate operations. Driving instructors must also be capable of demonstrating the SAGE curriculum subject matter for the students.
- Attitude: Driving instructors/teachers must show an attitude that is favorable toward performance. Driver/Instructor attitudes are assessed according to professionalism, respect, motivation, maturity, and safety.
- All truck driving instructors must have knowledge, skill, and actual performance abilities that far exceed the abilities identified in the objectives of the curriculum.
- Driving instructors communicate instructions to students, assess student performance, and provide students guidance on performing maneuvers on a skills driving range and in the truck on roads in 4 to 12 hour shifts.
Truck Driver Trainers/Instructors must meet the minimum qualifications for interstate tractor-trailer drivers in accordance with all requirements of the applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, including, but not limited to, meeting the physical and driver qualification standards of Part 391, as well as be able to pass as D.O.T. drug/alcohol screen.
If you love the CDL life but ready to get off the road and help train the next generation of CDL Drivers, then apply today!
Sage Truck Driving School
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sage Truck Driving School