Sage Hospitality is set to hire an accomplished, positive and energetic Catering Sales Manager at the Blackstone, an Autograph Collection Hotel, where epic history meets a clever, contemporary attitude. We believe in curating unique experiences for our guests while recognizing that our teammates are our most important assets.
The Blackstone Hotel is a storied architectural icon rooted in Chicago's legendary past. Updated with all the modern amenities and features of today, The Blackstone delivers a distinguished hospitality experience perfect for the discerning traveler. Our downtown Chicago hotel is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. We are proud to offer guests modern accommodations with views of Lake Michigan and Grant Park, acclaimed dining and craft cocktails at Mercat a la Planxa, entertainment at Timothy's Hutch and in the lobby, refined meeting spaces, and thoughtful details unlike any other.
An Iconic Downtown Chicago Hotel Experience-
- Proven track record as a Catering Sales Manager, preferably with an upscale luxury brand and/or Marriott Hotels
- Skillfully uncover new accounts in a highly competitive and saturated market
- Ability to take lead and master the Social/SMERF Market (MUST LOVE WEDDINGS!!!)
- Capability to ensure financial and revenue goals are achieved and sales productivity benchmarks are met
- Effectively communicate internally and externally through various methods and across all departments
- A strong team mentality to meet goals individually and collectively
- Work within a team to develop programming and activations to increase awareness and revenue
- Involved in the community and develops mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- Competitive salary, bonus, and 401k
- Great benefit package including medical/dental/vision plans, paid sick/vacation/holiday, travel and restaurant discounts and much more!
- Associate Referral Program
- Collaborative culture and stimulating work environment
- The incredible opportunity to live the Sage DNA; enriching lives by investing in and connecting with our amazing associates, community, customers, and partners
Catering Sales Manager
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Sales Manager is responsible for selling the hotel, developing sales contacts and performing sales activities in assigned markets. Exempt Sales Managers must spend more than 50% of their time outside directly selling. Must be able to engage customers, analyzes their needs, and creates tailored proposals. Negotiates and closes sales while achieving sales targets. Effectively communicates internally and externally through various methods and across all departments.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on.
Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Requires knowledge of general sales techniques. Requires yield management experience. Requires highly developed customer service skills. Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently. Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills. Requires effective business writing skills. Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment. Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions. Understand and follow verbal/written instructions. Work on more than one task at a time. Develop strong internal and customer relationships. Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance. Solve problems and make sound business decisions. Respond to coaching, feedback and training. Strong and effective sales skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
Six months minimum in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience preferred.
General office equipment: computer, typewriter, copier, facsimile, telephone, calculator, etc. .
General office and hotel environment
Area of Interest:
Sales & Marketing
Full Time - Regular
636 S Michigan Ave