PR Senior Account Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
Sage Communications is the go-to integrated PR and marketing partner for building reputations, relationships, and results at the intersection of information technology and the public sector. At Sage, we work with all ranges of clients - from emerging start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. As a PRNEWS’ 2022 Agency Elite Top 100 firm, Sagers help our clients solve big problems by building strategies, crafting messages, connecting leaders, and fostering dialogue.
We currently have an opening on our PR team for a savvy Senior Account Executive (SAE) who is eager to skyrocket their career at one of the leading and fastest-growing public relations and marketing communications agencies in the DC metro area. Sage’s office is located in Tysons Corner, VA. This position has flexibility in terms of hybrid and fully remote options in the DMV area.
Sage Communications has been named one of the Top Places to Work in PR and offers highly competitive salaries; great benefits; ongoing professional development; emphasis on diversity, equality and inclusion; year-round flex Fridays; 401k matching; and commission and bonuses for original new business and hiring referrals.
We’re looking for passionate individuals who can work efficiently, think creatively, reap the benefits of growing with us and have fun while doing it. The senior account executive will be responsible for executing public relations and social media campaigns with a focus on technology for Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and federal agencies.
Must have strong experience in helping develop and execute powerful PR and social media strategies and campaigns, incorporating both traditional and social media communications, managing account teams, and juggling competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or related field
- 5+ years of public relations, public affairs, advocacy or communications
- Demonstrable experience in media relations and social media best practices
- Experience in technology PR/communications
- Expert proficiency in social media engagement across all appropriate platforms
- Strong media relations experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Management experience a plus
- Agency experience preferred
- Ability to have fun!
- Advance client relationships and account health for 4-6 public relations clients with the support of managers and junior account teams
- Establish strong relationships with relevant media and other influencers to generate awareness of clients’ products, services, thought leadership and activities; place clients in targeted, high-level earned opportunities
- Contribute to or lead the development of public relations strategies, social media and marketing plans, and confidently implement and drive smart, tactical execution of client programs
- Assist senior management in developing and implementing monthly, weekly and daily account planning and activities; delegate work appropriately across account teams
- Offer strategic guidance to clients on difficult media scenarios and navigate sensitive/controversial topics
- Provide strategic analysis and recommendations for the client based on SOV results; assess progress on an ongoing basis to ensure goals are met
- Demonstrate proficiency in persuasive, long-form writing approaches for high-level, niche, and technical audiences including bylines, blog posts, award/speaking nominations, press releases, analysis, and measurement reports
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of social media tools and the ability to implement engaging, results-focused social media programs
- Supervise, mentor and guide junior staff and interns
- Contribute to the growth and health of Sage as a company
Sage Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sage Communications expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity please go to: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/discrimination
Sage Communications LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?