Marketing & Events Manager – Portland Monthly
SagaCity Media, Inc. seeks a motivated, creative, and experienced candidate for an immediate opening in the position of Marketing & Events Manager, in our Portland office.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for outside tourism industry groups in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Washington state, Asheville, Sarasota, Tacoma, Olympia, Galveston, Bellevue (WA), and Vancouver (WA), as well as for organizations in other industries and in the arts and other nonprofit sectors.
The ideal candidate is organized, independent, a team player, and knowledgeable about Portland’s culture. This candidate must have experience effectively communicating with the media, event sponsors, designers, and agencies, as well as managing contract production teams, and event staff.
Remaining calm under pressure is required, with quick decision-making skills and a clear ability to give directions. This is a great opportunity to produce high-profile events and be a part of creative marketing plans for one the most innovative media companies in the country.
To be considered, applicants must email resume with cover letter and references to:
Include Portland Monthly Marketing & Events Manager in subject line.
No phone calls, please.
We will contact you if your skills and experience seem a good fit for our team.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/
· Five years of successful experience in marketing and festival event production management roles across industries: races, food & beverage, design-related events, trade shows, etc.
· Supervisory experience
· Must possess a valid Driver’s license/ODL
· Experienced in managing budgets and setting and achieving revenue goals
· Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
· Must possess excellent writing skills and the ability to work with editors and other stakeholders to express relevant brand style and voice
· Experience writing and promoting press releases and working with media outlets
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
· Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Experience in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
· Strong understanding of current marketing/advertising trends—digital, social, print, etc.—and experience developing marketing promotion across multiple media platforms
· Familiarity with setting up and tracking GTM/UTM, Squarespace, TicketSauce, Trello, and JIRA
· Excellent project management skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information
o Develop, plan, and oversee marketing, production, and management of annual signature festival events, media-sponsored events, and internal events
o Develop timeline for events, key milestones, and management of contract production team
o Develop social media campaign and marketing plan to support promotion of all events, working with Editorial and Audience Development on approved copy and posts
o Identify and collaborate with appropriate community partners
o Evolve and expand current signature festival events and develop potential community partnerships and client-driven events for senior management to review
o Execute proposed projects and work closely with editorial and audience development departments on marketing initiatives & signature festival events
o Develop promotional plan for signature festival events – manage timeline for asset development and creative direction
o Collaborate with events team on the creation and management of all marketing and event collateral
o Maintain event budget development and submission for events and marketing initiative
o Keep events at or below budget
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to:
VP, Marketing & Events
921 SW Washington, Suite 750
Portland, OR 97205