SagaCity Media has an immediate opening for an Executive Editor in our Custom division located in Seattle, WA. The Executive Editor will help lead our Custom team, facilitating client relationships and developing, producing, and managing editorial content for several of SagaCity’s award-winning Custom lifestyle, travel, and tourism publications.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or similar field preferred.
• 5+ years of editorial experience in magazines or other publications/websites.
• 5+ years of project management or client management experience.
• Ability to conceptualize and execute original editorial.
• Experience editing/writing under multiple brand voices.
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects, schedules, and budgets at one time.
• High attention to detail and standards for accuracy and quality.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with clients and internal editorial, production, and design teams.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee, company, and client information.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Extensive knowledge of style guidelines and grammar rules.
• Generates original editorial lineups and magazine concepts.
• Writes and edits articles that adhere to client brand standards; assigns stories to freelancers; manages fact-checking; copyedits and proofreads stories.
• Builds and executes project schedules; manages budgets.
• Manages client relationships; communicates effectively with multiple stakeholders; leads client meetings.
• Provides leadership and guidance to internal art/edit team; manages personnel.
• Manages process and protocols for department workflow.
• Assesses team workload; allocates resources; prioritizes projects.
• Assists with creation of new business proposals and represents company at business meetings.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three writing samples to email@example.com with “Custom Executive Editor” in the subject line. At this time, we are not able to pay for relocation. No phone calls, please.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Seattle, Houston, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. SagaCity’s custom division creates award-winning web content and print publications for a variety of clients, such as conventions and visitors’ bureaus, wine commissions, and other marketing organizations, in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Washington, Oregon, Texas, and North Carolina. SagaCity’s in-house publications—including Seattle Met, Houstonia, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine—produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers in their respective markets.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/