Associate Art Director
SagaCity Media is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous, team-player for an immediate opening in the position of Associate Art Director in our Custom Media division in Portland, OR.
The Associate Art Director will join our Custom team to help develop and produce editorial content for several of SagaCity’s award-winning Custom travel, tourism, and lifestyle publications.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine art, or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years experience in editorial design for magazines or other print publications
• Ability to conceptualize and execute original design.
• Attention to detail and high standards for accuracy and quality.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with clients and internal editorial, production, and design teams.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee, company, and client information.
• Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to manage projects end-to-end, including presenting and acting as the design point person to external clients, following up on schedules and deliverables, and other tasks to ensure all project milestones are met.
• Prior experience working with clients or custom publishing is a plus.
• Knowledge of travel and lifestyle in the Pacific Northwest is also a plus.
• Works with the design director to set a creative vision for publications.
• Designing magazine pages and assigning, producing, or sourcing photography and illustrations.
• Developing maps, charts, and other infographics as needed.
• Leads the design process from conceptualization to design to pre-press for two publications, while assisting on others as needed.
• Managing freelance art relationships and project budgets.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Portland - Custom Associate Art Director”. No phone calls, please.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors’ bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene and Vancouver.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/