SagaCity Media has an immediate opening for an Assistant Editor in our Custom Media division located in Seattle, WA. The Assistant Editor will join our Custom team to help develop and produce editorial content for several of SagaCity’s award-winning Custom travel, tourism, and lifestyle publications. This is not a position with Seattle Met.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or similar field preferred.
• 1-2 years editorial experience in magazines or other publications/websites.
• Ability to conceptualize and execute original editorial.
• Attention to detail and high standards for accuracy and quality.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with clients and internal editorial, production, and design teams.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee, company, and client information.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledge of style guidelines and grammar rules.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
• Works with the editorial team to develop editorial lineups and magazine concepts.
• Writes and edits articles; manages fact-checking; copyedits and proofreads stories.
• Hires, trains, and manages editorial interns.
• Other editorial duties as assigned.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least two writing samples to : firstname.lastname@example.org with “Custom Assistant Editor” in the subject line.
At this time, we are not able to pay for relocation. No phone calls, please. No recruiters, please.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. SagaCity’s custom division creates award-winning web content and print publications for a variety of clients, such as conventions and visitors’ bureaus, wine commissions, and other marketing organizations, in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Washington, Oregon, Texas, and North Carolina. SagaCity’s in-house publications—Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine—produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers in their respective markets.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/