Quality Engineer II
- Expired: January 14, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer II role is a key position with responsibility for providing quality system and product quality engineering support. This role is responsible for identifying key opportunities for improvement and focusing on root cause analysis for the purpose of improving product reliability and process yield values. The Quality Engineer II will use their knowledge of quality systems, advanced product and quality planning (APQP), supplier management, program management, continuous improvement tools, and commodity manufacturing processes to manage the key (Supplier Development) SD workstreams: High Risk Supplier APQP, Focus Supplier, Supplier Continuous Improvement/Cost-Out, and Supplier Risk Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works cross-functionally with (Supply Chain Management) SCM, Engineering, and Operations to ensure supplier sourcing, launch and on-going performance meet defined targets and overall business needs
- Review and investigate all customer returns and seek out root cause to assist in making changes to eliminate non-conformances
- Investigate all non-conformances discovered during the manufacturing process work with key personnel to assure no re-occurrences
- Identify process improvement opportunities based on analysis of data
- Work directly with key sources of supply to improve process and product issues
- Follow-up and evaluate customer complaints
- Train company employees on Quality Management System requirements
- Perform/Schedule Quality System Audits, internally and at prospective sources of supply
- Coordinate Corrective action responses from process owners, internally and from sources of supply
- Coordinate and support MRB activity
- Perform specification and design review to support the Change Control Board (CCB)
- Coordinate and direct special project assignments as identified by upper Management
- Work jointly with Engineering & Manufacturing Engineering for developing key characteristics for all key products
- Schedule and perform Configuration Audits internally, and at key sources of supply
- May direct the work of others
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Provide guidance to fellow team members
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3-6 years of experience working in manufacturing, quality, supply chain or operations
- 3+ years of experience using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, QSA, SPC, auditing)
- Knowledge and experience of process, product and system auditing
- Experience developing and managing Project Plans from inception to closure
- IFE or Avionics experience
- SMT experience
- FAA CFR Part 21 and Part 145 experience
- Knowledge of industry specific quality registrations (ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP)
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis methodologies utilizing Statistical Analysis, Process FMEA, Pareto Analysis, and Fishbone Analysis
- Must have current knowledge of ASME Y 14.5
- Must have current knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt highly desired
The starting pay range for this position is $85,000 - $113,000, however, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
Safran Passenger Innovations
Get fresh Product Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.