The Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of the Electrical Engineering Team and for conceptualization, design, development, testing and documentation of company core product line consisting of power converters and electronic controls systems for aerospace and commercial applications. The Electrical Engineering Manager will be expected to take direction from Director of Engineering and will ensure tasks are done to the Company and Industry standards, on schedule and with complete documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for allocation, budgeting, resource planning, and scheduling within the Electrical Engineering Department.
2. Manages the Electrical Engineering activities within an organization to take design from concept to manufacturing.
3. Ensures engineering projects are properly staffed and milestones are achieved. Collaborates with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules.
4. Provides guidance and professional development to team of engineers.
5. Performs conceptual design and system design. Oversees test equipment design and detailed circuit design.
6. Possesses ffull understanding of circuit simulation and analysis using PSPICE and Simulink.
7. Prepares and participates in internal design reviews and customer reviews.
8. Oversees design troubleshooting and design verification testing, as well as system integration testing.
9. Applies knowledge of qualification and certification testing (e.g. DO-160, DO-254).
10. Prepares and reviews product and system specifications.
11. Participates in development of test procedures.
12. Provides engineering support and product development support, as necessary, to support the in-house production effort.
13. Writes Technical proposals.
14. Provides customer support during all stages of product development by interacting with diverse external customer base from executive level to technical staff.
1. Follows and maintains engineering processes and standards; assures that designs are in accordance with accepted design consideration criteria.
15. Able to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with minimal
16. Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree or higher is preferred. Minimum 10 years of Electrical Engineering experience, plus minimum of 3 years of managerial experience. Experience in aerospace or related industry is preferred; background in other industry segments will be considered upon reviewing the product and skill set. Experience in project management is a plus.
Must pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screening. Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.