SafetyNet Behavioral Healthcare is currently accepting applications for a Clinical Nurse Manager for the Minter, AL location.
SafetyNet Behavioral Healthcare-Montgomery is a residential, psych under 21, treatment program housing up to 40-56 residents.
As a Nurse Manager, you will work closely with Administration, Staff, Psychiatrist, and Primary Care Physicians in the provision of a very high standard of resident care.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the nursing services department. This includes the allocation of resources, efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
The Nurse Manager reports to the Director of Nursing. There could also be a matrix reporting relationship to/with other appropriate departments.
This position is a salaried position that works a minimum of 40 hours per week or more as required for on call and crisis responding.
- The Nurse Manager will assist in activities to provide cost-effective and high quality care according to the policies, procedures and standards set at SafetyNet Behavioral Healthcare
- The Nurse Manager is a professional nurse who possesses knowledge of local, state and federal and other healthcare regulations and has clinical knowledge and skills in Behavioral Health.
- This position will assist/manage the tasks such as timekeeping, nurse scheduling, oversight of staffing functions, and participation in the admission process.
- The Nurse Manager will provide coaching, counseling and disciplining of nursing staff when performance problems arise. The Nurse Manager will notify the Director of Nursing prior to any discipline of nursing staff in order to ensure accuracy and all information is obtained.
- This position requires effective interdepartmental communication skills
- Ability to perform the clinical functions of a staff nurse in the event of callouts and to assist the nursing staff with resident care as directed by the Manager(s).
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow English verbal and written instructions.
- Effective organizational, decision and problem solving skills in own practice and supervising others
- Use of personal vehicle will be required
- Nurse Manger is responsible for monitoring Montgomery locations no less that 2 days and 2 night shifts per week
- Current RN licensure in the State of Alabama
- Current CPR/BLS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Current/Valid Alabama Driver’s License
- Must be 25 years of age to apply
- Must reside within 60 miles of the facility location
- Supervisory experience of at least 2 years
- 1 year of Psychiatric Nursing experience preferred but not required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, agility to quickly adapt to changing workload (census)
- Working Days and Hours Monday - Friday with weekends and holidays as needed 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. / other times as needed
- Conducts resident rounds to assess and/or supervise nursing care, assess condition of residents, and safe, clean, comfortable environment on a daily basis.
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, completes chart audits and reports results and progress, and makes recommendations for improvement to the Director of Nursing.
- Assure that the duties of all nursing personnel are clearly defined and consistent with their level of experience, education, and preparation
- Expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of Residents, other employees and the facility. This includes the ability to assist with a possible evacuation of Residents
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and organizational skills
- Cultural competency
- Integrity and honesty
PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ON RESUME WHICH YOU CHECK DAILY