SafetyCall International (SCI)/Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is growing and looking for an experienced Recruiter/HR Assistant to join our team! This individual is responsible for assisting with HR-related duties working closely with the HR Generalist, supervisors, and senior management. This position assists in carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and onboarding, performance management, employee engagement and other HR administrative tasks.
The Recruiter/HR Assistant is a full-time, Monday-Friday position that will work between normal business hours. This position may occasionally work outside normal business hours as needed.
- Working closely with HR leadership, provide effective assistance in the recruitment process including posting open positions, screening resumes, sending preemployment assessment links, reviewing assessment results, scheduling interviews and completing candidate reference checks.
- Perform telephone interviews for assigned positions and participate in other interviews as assigned
- Maintain communication and engagement with prospective candidates through initial application to final decision communication
- Research recruiting avenues for both active and passive candidates.
- Submit and track progress of employee background checks.
- Working closely with supervisors and senior management, distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure on time completion and submission to HR.
- Assist in coordination of monthly SCI Employee Recognition program(s).
- Assist in management of the SCI Wellness Committee by supporting monthly activities, coordinating bi-monthly committee meetings, maintaining committee budget, and keeping committee intranet page up to date.
- Assist with planning and implementation of other company events or activities as assigned.
- Maintain and update employee phone list and other lists and documents as assigned.
- Manage organization of required employee licensing including ensuring documents are up to date and accurate.
- Update HRIS systems including but not limited to systems involving payroll and benefits.
- Review and audit benefit invoices and enrollment monthly.
- Assist with or lead other human resources related projects and tasks as directed by the Director, HR.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Perform administrative duties to support sales, marketing, contracts, finance, and operations as assigned.
- Participate in all required training and continuing education sessions.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with all coworkers.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations OR equivalent experience working in the HR field or completing HR tasks such as interviewing, hiring, performance management and employee relations.
- At least one year of hands on recruitment experience – reviewing applicant credentials and performing interviews strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism and confidence.
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to be efficient, complete all assigned projects in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and actively provide solutions.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas both inside the organization and externally.
- Can quickly adapt to changes in workflow, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely and accurate decisions.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter or introductory e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.
Why Work Here?SCI is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services. Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
Come see why we've been voted a top work place for 10 years!