Safety Management Group San Angelo, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking an Environmental Advisor – Utilities - San Angelo, TX, Territory
The key function of an Environmental Advisor is to put the environment at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs a priority, work well in a team setting, be self-managed and flexible when it comes to change. The associate in this role will be working in a utility construction environment.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Complete all job responsibilities required for assigned projects and territories
• Serve as the primary point of contact representing our clients land environment for all project-related land environmental issues (primarily waste management and disposal) and questions from the Transmission, Distribution, and other Capital related business lines
• Attend and participate in all pertinent project meetings and/or conference calls for land environmental and coordinate with the water environmental department as needed
• Communicate to the contractor(s) and Transmission Construction Representative (TCR) any
environmental deficiencies and requirements
• Site environmental observations including documentation of findings
• Experience with soil sampling and Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
• Experience with hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Represent the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Perform SPCC site evaluations plans and SPCC plan development
• Willingness and ability to work outdoors frequently in all weather conditions
• Willingness to safely work inside energized high voltage substations and equipment
• Emphasis on safety and ability to effectively identify and voice any observed safety concerns
• Ability to operate a ~20lb. rotary hammer drill for concrete dust sample collection
• Basic computer and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a self-directed capacity and prioritize projects and deliverables effectively
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of environmental programs and considerations
• 5+ years of relevant environmental experience
• Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field is preferred
• Working around construction on utility projects
• Record keeping and filing of spills and environmental hazards
• Possess good time management skills due to numerous locations needing support
• General knowledge of asbestos handling and disposal considerations
• TSCA/PCB and RCRA/CERCLA basic regulatory knowledge
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safety Management Group
72 W College AveSan Angelo, TX
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Safety Management Group