Insurance Customer Service Rep
- Expired: December 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Safepoint Insurance is a Property and Casualty carrier based in Tampa FL.
Job Location: Metairie, LA
Job Type: Regular Full-time with great benefits package and quarterly bonus potential.
Job Summary (Job internally known as Underwriting Service Associate)
In this role you will handle incoming calls from customers such as from agents and policy holders related to insurance applications or existing policies. You will work in a collaborative environment providing administrative support for the Underwriting department.
Hours of operation are Monday to Friday with a rotating schedule of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Provides excellent customer service to agents and policy holders in a moderate to high volume call center environment
- Processes corrections or adjusts records when needed, following the appropriate company guidelines
- Reviews, organizes and forwards information to be escalated for resolution as needed
- Adheres to the established productivity and quality metrics established
- Other tasks and projects as may be assigned
- 1-3 years previous call center customer service experience
- English - Spanish Bilingual is a plus
- Property and Casualty Insurance licenses are a PLUS
- Advanced computer skills and insurance systems knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required
- Demonstrated customer service focus required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact on a professional level with internal and external personnel and partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Use telephone and computer systems to communicate with and service customers
- Use computer system to research information on risks
- Ability to take at least 50 phone calls per day
Compensation and Benefits
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide a great place to work, combined with a comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits package, along with opportunities for personal growth and job advancement. For this reason, we are pleased to provide:
- Market Competitive Wages and participation in Quarterly BONUS programs
- Prof. Development and Educational Assistance Programs
- Safe Harbor 401K Plan with Immediate Vesting and an Automatic Company Contribution
- Paid Time-Off (Discretionary, PTO, Parental Leave, and others)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance (company paid premiums)
- Flexible Spending Accounts with Company Contribution
- Health Savings Accounts with Company Contribution
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- AAA Membership (company paid)
- Identity Theft Protection (company paid)
- Other Ancillary Insurance Benefit Programs
Safepoint Insurance is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Safepoint depends solely on your qualifications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Safepoint MGA, LLC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh CSR Insurance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.