Safepoint Insurance Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Safepoint Insurance is a Property and Casualty insurance carrier based in Tampa, FL.
Job Title: Field Adjuster - TX
This position is responsible for timely and effective field investigations of insurance losses. Essential duties include visiting insured locations, documenting damages, estimating repairs and preparing comprehensive written reports using Xactimate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review case reserves on all assigned claim files to cover probable costs
- Prepare written reports of investigation, coverage, and damages within the CMS
- Negotiate and settle claims within authority
- Investigate and pursue subrogation opportunities
- Work with attorneys to defend the company’s claim position
- Maintain accurate and complete files
- Interview and correspond with policyholders, public adjusters, and attorneys
- Responsible for all phases of property claims adjusting. Prepare diagrams, scope of damages and estimates utilizing Xactimate software
- Other tasks and projects as may be assigned
- Ability to travel/drive to locations within our service area
- Climb ladders to access and walk on and around building rooftops
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Conduct field investigations by visiting policy holder's homes to investigate property damage in the assigned territory.
- Inspect all areas of the property, identify damages, properly document the risk and estimate the damages identified.
- Required: at Least 5 years of outside property adjusting experience,*including personal and commercial lines, property and casualty preferred
- Preferred: candidates with carrier experience
- Required: Adjuster License
- English and Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A combination of education and significant directly related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with Xactware products is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required to include keyboarding/typing
- Technology savvy
- Demonstrated ability to research, conduct proactive investigations and negotiate successful resolutions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and provide outstanding customer service
- Able to travel to locations within our service area
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact on a professional level with internal and external personnel and partners
- Results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
“In order for an application of employment to be accepted for this position by Safepoint, a copy of your current State Issued Insurance License is required at the time of your Application submission. This copy must be legible and the License Number clearly visible and identifiable. Interviews may not be held if this information is not provided. At time of interview, your State Issued Insurance License must be physically presented at the interview.”
Compensation and Benefits
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide a great place to work, combined with a comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits package, along with opportunities for personal growth and job advancement. For this reason we are pleased to provide:
· Market Competitive Wages, Car Allowance, Gas Card and Quarterly Bonus Programs
· Prof. Development and Educational Assistance Programs
· Safe Harbor 401K Plan with Immediate Vesting and an Automatic Company Contribution
· Paid Time-Off (Discretionary, PTO, Parental Leave, and others)
· Company Paid Holidays
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vison Insurance
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts with Company Contribution
· Health Savings Accounts with Company Contribution
· Employee Life and AD&D Insurance
· Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
· Free AAA Membership
· Identity Theft Protection
· Other Ancillary Insurance Benefit Programs
· And more…
Our mission is to offer superior customer service, comprehensive coverages, expedited claim service and to give policyholders peace of mind. Our policy issuance system is a state of the art and we offer market-based coverage options and competitive prices.
Safepoint InsuranceWhy Work Here?
We are financially strong, young, and growing!
Safepoint is a Florida licensed insurance carrier based in Tampa, FL specializing in coastal regions of the United States. Safepoint utilizes independent insurance agents to sell our products. With over $45 Million in policyholder surplus and local presence, Safepoint has the resources to protect your most important assets. Our Management Team is comprised of experienced professionals with over 100 years in the insurance industry – more than half spent in the state of Florida. Our mission is to offer superior customer service, comprehensive coverages, expedited claim service and to give policyholders peace of mind. Our policy issuance system is a state of the art and we offer market-based coverage options and competitive prices.
12640 Telecom DriveHouston, TX
Finance and Insurance