Repair Specialist -Day Shift _21-5819
Safelite Kenosha, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
The Repair Specialist, which we hire year-round and seasonally, performs vehicle glass repairs whenever a glass replacement is not required. Our paid, formal training program teaches everything needed to complete these specialized repairs, regardless of any prior mechanical experience.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay and bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in work-life balance
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life and legal needs - https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You'll Do
- Learn to repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Repair chips, cracks and other auto glass related issues on customer vehicles.
- Manage work orders, customer documentation and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company vehicle and shop.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- On-the-job training/completion of Safelite SafeTech™ certification.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.
SafeliteWhy Work Here?
Find a career. Gain a family. We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. At our core, we're a People Powered organization — our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
BusinessView all jobs at Safelite