Safeguard Self Storage is a leader in the storage industry. We have been developing quality storage properties across the U.S. since 1989. Safeguard's modern facilities are located right in the communities where our customers live. We design every Safeguard with the character of the surrounding neighborhood in mind. We work with the business community and local government, as well as the general public, to create facilities that everyone is proud to have in their community. We offer our customers a state of the art facility with high-tech security and climate control. We also provide our customers storage advice (how to estimate the amount of space needed and how to pack a storage unit effectively), materials for moving and storing possessions such as boxes, pads, dollies, etc., moving and packing tips and will accept commercial deliveries without the customer being present.
Currently, we are seeking Assistant Managers to join our team of professionals in Des Plaines IL, at our Des Plaines facility. 2020 Mannheim Road Des Plaines IL 60018.
Job summary: As an Assistant Manager you will report to the Store and District Manager and are responsible for overseeing the operations of the Safeguard store in the absence of a Store Manager. This position is accountable for direct customer sales as well as follow-up with the customers referred to the store by the Call-Center.
- Respond to customer issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Provide potential customers with information about the variety of available storage spaces and amenities.
- Meet and maintain monthly revenue goals.
- Audit daily documents and process approved invoices.
- Contact delinquent customers to request payment.
- Perform security functions.
- Reconcile tenant inventory.
- Maintain and ensure all areas are clean and free of any maintenance issues.
- Conduct merchandise inventory counts to ensure an ample supply is available and enter merchandise into the computer system.
Qualifications / Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in storage or sales.
- Previous sales, hospitality, retail or business management experience a plus.
- Microsoft applications Word, Excel a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) highly desired not required.
- Must be able to work weekends however we offer a good work / life style balance - 40 hours a week with no evening shifts.
We offer an excellent compensation package to our Assistant Managers to include:
- WORK LIFE BALANCE. No late evening shifts.
- Rate of pay, $15.00 an hour.
- Quarterly performance bonus - up to $5,000 annually.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.