This is a Direct Support Professional Position, in a residential group home for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The duties of this position include-
Be familiar with the Policies and Procedures of the company
- Transportation of residents
- Keeping the entire facility clean
- Administering medications, scheduling, and documentation of visits to physicians
- Financial management of residents and all the necessary documentation involved
- Monitor maintenance of company vehicles
- A daily documentation of the well-being of residents
- Ensure that the requirements of the ISP’s and BSP’s of the residents are carried out
- Archiving documents
- Assist in planning appropriate and fulfilling activities for the residents
- Assist in behavioral issues and daily operations of the house and all the required documentation.
- Stay current in all necessary training and certificates-CPR, first aid, state mandatory training
- Report to the Manager or Director anything of consequence regarding staff or the residents
- Assist in meal preparation, cleaning and maintaining the house and yard
- Having to assist residents in any way they need including walking, bathing, eating, dressing, etc. Being able to physically lift and assist them.
- Maintain communication with the House Manager and Residential Services Manager in regard to all aspects of the residential home
All staff must also be able to do the following un-assisted:
- Lift and carry 50 pounds at least
- Bend, stoop, twist, reach, crouch, kneel, sit, stand for long periods of time.
- Read, write and understand English
- Communicate with management and co-workers
- Document legibly, and fluently in writing and on a computer
- Accept constructive criticism from supervisor(s)