SUMMARY: Our Company provides remote support for seniors and adults with developmental disabilities. As an Account Executive, you report to the Regional Manager or President and cultivate new and existing customer accounts for the purpose of maximizing sales and revenue to the company. This position requires significant travel and ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including, but not limited to:
1. Plan, manage, schedule and perform client presentations and in-service training as directed. Ensure all presentations are managed in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with the Company standards and directives, and strategic Client requirements.
2. Perform regular routine meetings with various stakeholders including but not limited to: State/Local Government Authorities, Case Manager/Care Coordinator, Home Care Provider/Agencies and Individuals, Guardians and Clients. The purpose of these meetings is to understand the needs of the various stakeholders, and thus optimize the presentation and deployment of Company technology solutions. Advise management when response time objectives cannot be met. Retain ownership of all customer problems through resolution to our Clients’ satisfaction.
3. Keep Clients fully satisfied by keeping them informed as to your activities when on site and/or working on their behalf with field-based Clients.
4. Perform on-site assessments of individual potential installations in order to recommend the best possible solution for each and every individual Client as per the goals and objectives of their Individual Service Plan.
5. Develop and present professional proposals to the Stakeholders based upon the goals and needs of the Client, and the capabilities of the Company, utilizing Company documents, workbooks, quotation forms, PowerPoint or other Microsoft software or Company provided materials.
6. Attend regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, conferences, etc. as scheduled by the various stakeholders in order to continually build a professional and Client-oriented presence for the Company.
7. Accurately complete all data entry activities including expense reports, sales forecasting, weekly activity reports, etc., using all corporate document & software systems as defined by Company processes & procedures. Ensure all required paperwork and Client signatures are attached when needed. All data entry & reporting activities must be done within timelines set by Company.
8. Proactively plan, schedule, and forecast sales activity for the purpose of maximizing service to the Clients thus revenue to the Company.
9. Attend and participate in all required Company events, such as training programs, sales meetings, conference calls or in-person meetings, customer conferences, tradeshows, exhibitions, etc. which may be required by the Company or any relevant government or licensing agency.
10. Other duties may be assigned as decided by the Regional Manager or President.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the ability to assess and understand the functions of sensors, cameras, and other equipment so as to develop an optimal in-home solution proposal for seniors and persons with developmental disabilities. You will work both independently and with our sales team. Travel (~75% of the time) around the state is required. Occasional travel outside the state may be required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have the ability to work in environments that may contain dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions. Must have the ability to work in a variety ‘home environments’ (each Client’s home will be different, some more challenging to work in than others).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and/or 3-5 years of relevant sales experience performing presentations, meetings, and ongoing customer management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Employee Must have the ability to use Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems, MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft & other Server Operating Systems, active directory, web browsers, mobile, laptop or desktop technologies, etc. Employee Must have the ability to articulate a clear solution-oriented message to Clients, Guardians, Case Managers, State/Local employees, Home Care Provider/Agency employees and to employees of the Company. Employee Must have the ability to clearly communicate Client needs to the technical and product development teams as needed. Employee Must have the ability to perform work in various living environments as indicated by the Client environment.
Employee Must have the ability to handle and manage stressful situations and the ability to escalate, as appropriate, issues that require either input from management, or delegate, as appropriate, issues that are better handled through other Company employees, as necessary or prescribed by Company policies & procedures and or Managers of the Company.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES: Employee Must exhibit excellent Client relationship management and overall communication skills. Employee Must be able to follow specific direction by any Company Manager without making repeated mistakes, significant errors in good judgement and without requiring multiple, repeated re-training. Employee Must have the ability to deliver required results with high levels of Client satisfaction, both internal and external.
Employee Must exhibit personal confidence, must be responsible, dependable, punctual, realistic positive, flexible, efficient, Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work independently. Must be patient, methodical, neat and clean work habits, excellent documentation and organizational skills are required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: Extensive (up to 75% of work time & occasional overnight travel)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be a legal U.S. resident, hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving record showing zero felony convictions and less than three moving violations in the previous three years.
The individual must be able to pass a state and federal criminal background check and relevant financial background checks, agree to inform the company of any subsequent arrests, and submit to additional background checks when required by any relevant agency or on the request of the Company for any reason or as may be required from time-to-time.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as Individual Service Plans and Proposal Documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of Clients or employees of the organization. Commitment to understanding the critical importance of “people first” language as it applies to individuals with developmental disabilities and using such language in all communications.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is (sometimes, regularly, frequently) required to: work at a keyboard and computer, sit, walk, stand, move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and participate effectively in teleconference meetings with or without video; and vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus..
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work environment could include the following: Airports, Home office, Driving in Traffic, Riding with Sales team, driving in adverse weather (i.e. rain, snow, sleet, etc.), staying in Hotels overnight, and other work-travel related types of activities.