SAFE ROUTES LLC is hiring Delivery Drivers for our Residential & Commercial Delivery Contract. The Delivery Driver will be responsible for making Amazon deliveries to homes, apartments, and businesses. Drivers will drive NEW Mercedes Benz Sprinter vans and be required to perform 200+ deliveries in a day depending on the route. The Driver's position is the most important position within the company. We hope to grow this position into one of the best local delivery jobs in the region. All Full & Part time drivers will be eligible for SAFETY and Performance bonuses.
Must be at least 21 to apply
This job is for motivated individuals. As a delivery driver you will have to move quickly from the van to the delivery location and back on every delivery. If you are selected for this position:
- Work 10 hours per shift, including weekdays, weekends, & holidays (We operate 7 days a week, 361 days a year)
- Shift will end no later than 9:00 PM
- Work 10 hour shifts but receive multiple days off per week as well
If you feel this position is right for you, please read on...
Duties / Typical Days agenda:
- Arrive at our distribution facility by the required time to receive your van assignment based on the weekly schedule
- Attend the morning stand up meeting discussing problems and issues for the day
- Receive your route assignment and the company provided Smartphone/GPS device
- Perform a Pre-trip vehicle inspection thoroughly checking the van for damage.
- Deliver up to 200+ packages on your route. (Smartphone/GPS device has the complete route pre-determined along with delivery estimates for each delivery) in exactly the manner that our client requires
- Follow all delivery instructions as directed by customer (when in doubt, follow company procedures)
- Possibly help another driver as directed
- Return van to station after refueling it for the next day (company will provide a fuel card)
- Remove all trash & debris from van
- Return Smartphone/GPS scanner device and keys; debrief with manager
- Perform post trip inspection noting any required maintenance items
Qualifications and Skills
- Clear driving record check. (Motor Vehicle Record check will be performed)
- No At Fault Accidents
- No DUI
- Clean background (Criminal background check will be performed)
- Clean drug test
- Experience with Larger vehicles like Sprinter Vans, 15 passenger vans, Bus, Box Truck, or Semi experience is a PLUS ( also Flex, Uber, Lyft, Pizza, Flowers, auto parts, etc.)
- Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending and stooping required to perform this job;
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work at a quick and even pace:
- Delivering up to 200+ packages a day
- Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
- Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
- Must be at least 21 years old
Job Type: Part-time / Full-time for top performers. Full-time includes health insurance and paid vacation.
Possibility to leave early if and when route is complete and there is no other work available while still getting paid for the remainder of the day.
- Knowledge of KING county.
- Computer literate to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
- Fluent in English
- Large vehicle driving experience (Preferred)
- Delivery driving experience (Preferred such as Lyft, Fed Ex, UPS, Auto Parts, Pizza, etc.)
- Customer Service Experience (Required: Smile and be courteous to all customers)
- Deliver all assigned packages each day
- We operate 361 days a year, which includes weekends & holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time