Tax Prep (CPA - Accountant) for Assurance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
** WE ARE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR CPA / ACCOUNTANT POSITIONS IN AUGUST 2022 **
The Assurance Manager is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and “wrap-up” stages of an Audit client engagement. In this role, the Assurance Manager is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise, as well as the responsibility of ensuring engagement profitability involving billings and collections. Traditionally responsibilities of the Assurance Manager will include advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP / GAAS issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems.
· Experience with CCH Axcess, CCH Engagement, or Knowledge Coach software preferred
· Experience with the preparation of tax returns is a plus.
· Applies knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures.
o Applies a broad understanding of objectives and components of the overall control environment and organization, and supervisory controls
o Validates and assesses effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting
o Identifies and communicates to management and audit committee suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures
o Identify and delegates functions of the audit to the auditor in charge as deemed appropriate
o Supervise the work of audit team and review workpapers and conclusions preferably onsite during audit field work
o Provide on-the-job-training to the engagement staff during audit field work
· Applies knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles.
o Identifies and consults with clients on the impact of new accounting pronouncements
o Monitors and communicates important professional, industry pronouncements
o Presents and discusses alternative generally accepted accounting principles and arguments for/against such alternatives
o Drafts complex financial statements and related footnote disclosures and effectively communicates these to client
o Identifies complex accounting issues and forms and documents resolution
o Knowledge in construction and not for profits desired
· Applies knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement.
o Applies a thorough knowledge of professional standards/practices, including GAAS and SSARs in performing and supervising work
o Provides guidance to others and affirms conclusions made by others
o Communicates matters required to be reported to the Audit Committee/Board and those charged with governance
o Applies the use of efficiency tools such as statistical sampling, CCH TeamMate, Accelerator, etc.
· Applies knowledge and application of Safe Harbor\CCH Knowledge Coach standards that guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products.
o Conducts detailed review to assure audit is completed in accordance with assurance manual standards
o Prepares or reviews required communications to management and audit committees, ensuring timeliness and completeness
o Recommends appropriate outcomes to critical issues
o Initiates and prepares client acceptance/retention procedures where appropriate
o Plans the audit process and oversees the execution of procedures with quality, efficiency, and completeness despite pressures of deadlines.
o Executes proper CCH KC methodology including but not limited to proper archiving procedures
Strategy Development\Research\Tax Compliance
· Introduces and develops new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by providing value added services derive from attest engagements..
o Prior tax compliance of individual, partnership, trusts, and corporate tax returns will be considered heavily in recruitment and offer.
o Ability to prepare or review ASC-740 tax provisions.
o Identifies and leverages lessons learned on prior projects, and offers input on how to improve processes and methods
Other duties as required
o Responsible for supervision of Associates and Senior Associates on all projects
o Review work prepared by Associates and Senior Associates and provide review comments
o Act as a Career Advisor to Associates and Senior Associates
o Schedule and manage workload of Associates and Senior Associates
o Provide verbal and written performance feedback to Associates and Senior Associates
o Teach/coach Seniors and Associates to provide on the job learning
o Other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
· Minimum five to seven years of experience in a public accounting firm.
· Tax experience highly desired
· Licensed CPA certification or international equivalent
· Sound GAAP and GAAS Knowledge, basic tax knowledge
· Previous experience supervising and training Staff and Seniors preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational techniques are required
· Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple client engagements
· Must begin to attain visibility and recognition within their industry specialization
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience with CCH Engagement, Knowledge Coach, Axcess, or Prosystem fx software is a great benefit and required.
Salary Range (DOE): $110,000 to $140,000, benefits include performance bonuses, health insurance, 401K, holidays and vacation.
Safe Harbor LLPWhy Work Here?
We are a fun, lively work environment. If you love numbers and love tax (but want to minimize taxes for clients), you'll love us.
We are a highly technical full-service boutique CPA firm, working with clients seeking a CPA with a higher level of technical expertise, advisory capabilities and responsiveness year-round. Our clients look to us as trusted and valued advisors, our firm culture facilitates and fosters mutual exchanges whereby our clients greatly benefit from our technical knowledge and practical advisory.
5812 Geary BlvdSan Francisco, CA