The Safe-Guard Difference
Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products International, LLC is the leading provider of Finance and Insurance products in the automotive aftermarket industry as well as the RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports segments. The Company develops, markets, and administers the highest-quality programs and matches them with unparalleled customer service, advanced technology solutions, and industry-leading training. Safe-Guard is a proud partner to more than half the country’s top 500 dealers, the most successful general agents, and the largest dealer groups across the United States and Canada.
What Safe-Guard Provides
· Industry and Product Expertise: Safe-Guard is the leading North American provider of optional vehicle protection solutions.
o 25 years of Finance & Insurance experience
o No. 1 provider of branded protection products and programs
o No. 1 provider of Bundled Products
o No. 1 provider of Tire & Wheel Protection
o No. 1 provider of Theft Protection
o Top 3 provider of Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
· Compliance & Financial Stability: Safe-Guard places the highest priorities on compliance and regulatory requirements. Accountable legal practices and responsible risk management are two key factors to Safe-Guard’s financial strength.
· World-Class Administration: With state-of-the-art claims center technology and over 500 employees in Atlanta, GA, Irvine, CA, and Toronto, Canada, Safe-Guard is dedicated to delivering uncomplicated and hassle-free care to our customers.
· Comprehensive Sales & Marketing Solutions: Safe-Guard is proud to support our clients with strategic sales, training, and marketing solutions from our in-house team to help drive sales.
Our products include: Appearance Protection, Dent Protection, Emergency Notification, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Identity Protection, Key Protection, Lease-End Protection, Prepaid Maintenance, Theft Protection, Tire & Wheel Protection, Vehicle Service Contracts, and Windshield Protection.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. We are experiencing dynamic growth and have earned a stellar reputation from our customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
Provide pricing, risk assessment, and modeling support to the organization as part of the Actuarial team.
The Actuarial Pricing Analyst/Senior Actuarial Pricing Analyst role in our Actuarial team requires bringing your curiosity, creativity and actuarial pricing knowledge to the table. If you are looking to be engaged in strategic decisions and challenged with new pricing initiatives, this role is for you. We have a dynamic team and offer competitive exam support in a region with low cost of living. Learn something new, bring your ideas to work every day and be recognized in this role with Safe-Guard Products.
POSITION OVERVIEW & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop rating/underwriting models for new lines of business (where we may not have internal data/experience)
- Develop and present portfolio risk reviews to identify pricing needs and objectives to internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize SQL, BI Data Cubes, Tableau and Excel to analyze company-wide data in order to detect trends in sales, claims, and agent/customer behavior as well as internal operational trends and suggest data cleansing rules.
- Design, generate, interpret, and present periodic and ad hoc reporting to management.
- Effectively articulate complex information in a clear, concise, and insightful way to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist IT Department with system development and the implementation of rating programs
- Research and suggest new pricing methods and models
- Pre- ACAS (minimum of 3 exams)
- 3+ years’ of property and casualty actuarial experience with 2 years in pricing
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Statistics/Decision Science, Mathematics, or related analytical field of study
- Technical skills preferred - SQL, Excel, R or Python, Tableau
- Knowledge and experience with statistical models and methods including experience with GLMs
- Experience with creation and maintenance of relational databases
- Excellent and effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking and pattern recognition skills
- Strategic thinker who understands the marketplace and can develop creative ways to analyze the data
- Ability to proactively identify emerging issues and provide suitable resolutions
- Initiative and drive necessary to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Support team members by establishing effective interpersonal relationships and cross functional partnering.
- Job Knowledge: Clearly demonstrates a good grasp of key job functions, relevant terminology, technical processes and standards.
- Customer Experience: Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, advocate customer needs and initiate resolution.
Other Helpful Skills:
- Prior insurance or auto industry experience, management/strategy consulting experience, or prior work as a business, financial, or operational analyst
- Experience with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in Excel
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.