The Safe-Guard Difference
Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products International, LLC is the leading provider of Finance and Insurance products in the automotive aftermarket industry as well as the RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports segments. The Company develops, markets, and administers the highest-quality programs and matches them with unparalleled customer service, advanced technology solutions, and industry-leading training. Safe-Guard is a proud partner to more than half the country’s top 500 dealers, the most successful general agents, and the largest dealer groups across the United States and Canada.
What Safe-Guard Provides
· Industry and Product Expertise: Safe-Guard is the leading North American provider of optional vehicle protection solutions.
o 25 years of Finance & Insurance experience
o No. 1 provider of branded protection products and programs
o No. 1 provider of Bundled Products
o No. 1 provider of Tire & Wheel Protection
o No. 1 provider of Theft Protection
o Top 3 provider of Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
· Compliance & Financial Stability: Safe-Guard places the highest priorities on compliance and regulatory requirements. Accountable legal practices and responsible risk management are two key factors to Safe-Guard’s financial strength.
· World-Class Administration: With state-of-the-art claims center technology and over 500 employees in Atlanta, GA, Irvine, CA, and Toronto, Canada, Safe-Guard is dedicated to delivering uncomplicated and hassle-free care to our customers.
· Comprehensive Sales & Marketing Solutions: Safe-Guard is proud to support our clients with strategic sales, training, and marketing solutions from our in-house team to help drive sales.
Our products include: Appearance Protection, Dent Protection, Emergency Notification, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Identity Protection, Key Protection, Lease-End Protection, Prepaid Maintenance, Theft Protection, Tire & Wheel Protection, Vehicle Service Contracts, and Windshield Protection.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. We are experiencing dynamic growth and have earned a stellar reputation from our customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
POSITION OVERVIEW & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Actuarial Analyst
- Navigate IT and internal data structures to create processes to bolster operational efficiencies and consistencies.
- Design, generate, interpret, and present periodic and ad hoc reporting to management and clients.
- Utilize SQL, BI Data Cubes, and Excel to analyze company-wide data in order to detect trends in sales, claims, and agent/customer behavior as well as internal operational trends and suggest data cleansing rules.
- Accurately and quickly fulfill reporting/information requests from Executives, Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Claims and clients as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics/Decision Science, Mathematics, or related analytical field of study.
- Passage of at least two SOA/CAS actuarial exams with intent to sit for future actuarial exams (company study time, materials, and exam bonuses provided).
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and SQL (or similar language), and ability to use both tools (and others as needed) to analyze and interpret data.
- Experience with creation and maintenance of relational databases.
- Excellent and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative and drive necessary to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Prior insurance or auto industry experience, management/strategy consulting experience, or prior work as a business, financial, or operational analyst.
- Experience with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in Excel or Tableau.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Support team members by establishing effective interpersonal relationships and cross functional partnering.
- Job Knowledge: Clearly demonstrates a good grasp of key job functions, relevant terminology, technical processes and standards.
- Customer Experience: Communicate effectively with customers, advocate customer needs and initiate resolution
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.