We are SafeAuto:
SafeAuto is a thriving insurance company based in Columbus, Ohio. For over 25 years we have continued to provide our customers with engaging customer service and technology that makes insurance easy to understand. At SafeAuto, our culture, values, and commitment to diversity define who we are and what we do. We strive to provide a culture that is forward-thinking and inclusive. Here at SafeAuto, we value providing affordable car insurance to every customer so they can enjoy the road ahead.
The Road Ahead:
The Operations Technician is a member of the IT Operations Team, responsible for the verification and resolution of application/infrastructure operations by providing enterprise-wide IT monitoring and first-level IT support services.
This position may require working 12-hour shifts (7 AM-7 PM or 7 PM-7 AM), on holidays, and over the weekend.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Monitoring infrastructure including server/network alerts, application alerts, security alerts, printers, and dashboard health
- Monitoring the health of core business functions via a dashboard
- Participating in a phone queue to handle first-level IT Service Desk requests or incidents
- First-level IT Service Desk responsibility, including resolution and escalation
- Resolution responsibilities include: account unlocking, password management, VPN configuration, Citrix session resets, FTP user administration, and other duties as assigned
- Batch job monitoring, creation, and configuration
- Incident case coordination - open bridge line, cascade communication, documentation
- Interacting with various IT staff and business users
- Comfortable with Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with administration of Windows applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and quickly change focus to high priority items
- Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately, both written and verbally
- Ability to appropriately identify issues from alerts or monitored dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of customer service skills
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Quick learner
- Ability to work alone and with a team
- Personal mobile device (iOS or Android) and acceptance of Bring Your Own Device program and policies. On an as-needed basis, able to work business-hour shifts to supplement daytime Operations Technician group coverage.
Great benefits the day you start - health, dental, and vision
Location, location, location! Go shopping on your break at Easton or hop on 270 for a quick trip home to say hi to your pets.
Paid time off and eight (8) paid holidays so you can visit your family, take a trip, or enjoy a staycation
401k with company match
Rewards for great work - yearly performance-based bonuses
Opportunity for advancement in a growing company and industry
Casual dress - jeans and T-shirts encouraged
Wellness Incentive program - coaches, fitness counseling, classes included
Onsite cafe - late sleeper who never makes breakfast? We've got you covered. Breakfast and lunch available five days a week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach or similar activities, and must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds assisted or unassisted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.