We are looking for a Financial Analyst who wants to own the Analytics, Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting for one of the most exciting Product Groups under The Safariland Group. This role have a lot of opportunity to bring a fresh perspective and help build a unified platform through our many companies. If this sounds like the kind of challenge you are looking for, then I want to hear from you.
Lead complex financial analysis within a manufacturing-oriented operating group. Monitor the business performance and effectively communicate financial positions to upper management. Participate in the budget/forecast process to ensure timely and accurate submission of data and key analyses, including in-depth analysis on key drivers of the business, trend reporting, profitability analyses and interpretation of strategy and underlying growth/efficiencies. Preparation of financial modeling to support business groups. Prepare monthly financial analysis to review and monitor business performance.
- Translate financial information into actionable analysis for management
- Participate in forecast/budget process by establishing a budget plan to assess and enhance financial and related operational performance
- Utilize profitability model to effectively analyze key business drivers and performance including customer sales/margin and product mix impact
- Provide analysis on new product lines, capital expenditure (including projects) - NPV, ROI, sensitivity analysis and competitive market analysis to support business groups
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional management and facilitate communication between the business units, functions, and Finance
- On a monthly basis, prepare analysis for management on key financial business performance measurements, return on sales, EBITDA, ratios analysis and cash flow
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate on-going planning and management reviews
- Develop other key financial metrics and tools to highlight risks/opportunities
- Analyze financial practices and processes and suggest competitive or efficiency improvements
- Develop and maintain reports utilizing Hyperion reporting
- Leverage reporting capabilities and tools to provide insightful analysis to functional business leaders
- Other duties as assigned
- Five plus (5+) years in financial disciplines including budget, forecasting, accounting, operations/financial analysis.
- Three plus (3+) years in the development and preparation of financial analysis and reporting.
- Experience writing Hyperion Smartview.
- Experience building complex financial models aggregating data from multiple sources.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Well-developed critical thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated growth through increasing role responsibility and professional development.
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, team orientation and strong systems skills and knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management and business operations personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including experience with enterprise reporting systems.
- Some travel (>10%) to the company’s other locations.
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.