- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EPCO, leading manufacturer of products for the fluid power and marine industries, is hiring an Operations Manager in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
As our Operations Manager, you will manage general operations which include: router generation & review, CAD System prints review & maintenance, automated production equipment, generate quotes and related activities using your organizational and practiced skills. Reporting to the President, you will maintain and strive to improve production operations systems and processes.
Industrial Engineer Responsibilities
- Support and work to improve EPCO's established Pull Method of Manufacturing.
- Oversee the production, programming, and maintenance of the automation machines and equipment
- Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
- Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect of cost reductions.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as re-structuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment. Confers with management to implement plans and recommendations.
- Creates and/ or administers the formation of BOM, Material identification and numerical control, labor routers, print review and control, and ECN for EPCO and material of EPCO's customers located at EPCO.
- Create, enter, review, and edit reduction routers.
- Oversee the production and condition of the automation machines and equipment.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Prepares machine tooling and gauging layouts and records on routers/work orders.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting / recommending vendors, or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Accepts, initiates (within the ISO process), and forwards to the appropriate personnel all customer/prospect requests for quotation of standard and custom products.
- Consults with customers, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates to resolve issues.
Quality Assurance Support
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manager as requested with such duties as incoming inspection, preparing various quality documents.
- Shall be trained and certified to be an ISO Internal Auditor.
- Assists in ISO training of EPCO employees.
- Production and process improvement experience with an automation equipment background
- CAD operation experience
- Barcoding system experience
- Experience quoting, estimating, and costing
- Detailed oriented and ability to document effectively and completely Self-starter and able to perform tasks independently
- Self-starter and able to perform tasks independently
- Demonstrate integrity and respect with team members
- Effective communicator with management and team members
- Lean and Six Sigma experience would be a plus.
- Works within the parameters of EPCO's Quality Management System
- Works closely and cooperatively with all other EPCO employees to insure maximum customer service.
- Works successfully to completion with a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Monitors all areas and activities of all assigned of all responsibilities and duties.
- Maintains in an orderly and organized manner all records under control of this job function.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
EPCO will reward your talents with a competitive base salary including an outstanding benefit program. You and your family will be eligible to participate in EPCO's health insurance program. EPCO provides up to a 4% match with its 100% vested 401(k)program. Vacation, holiday pay and tuition reimbursement are also provided. Participate in EPCO’s Gainsharing Bonus plan that affords opportunities to earn unlimited percentage gainsharing bonus every four weeks.
If you are quality minded and process driven, we encourage you to apply online!
EPCO Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of products for the fluid power and diesel engine industries, as well as supplying other products to the marine industry. EPCO’s products, made in the USA, are sold nationally and internationally. Founded in 1969, EPCO is headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN and has been ISO 9001:2015 registered since 2002. EPCO was recognized as a recipient of the United States Senate Productivity Award and the OEMMie Award for products that influence the off-highway market. EPCO developed and makes the Zero-Leak Gold Plug product line for the international fluid power industry.
To learn more about EPCO, visit: https://www.zeroleak.com/
Brittany Snead, HR Consultant
Production Manager / Production Management / Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing / Production Planning / Product Development / procedures / Pull Method / operations / production operations manager / Machining supervisor / CAD
3736 Vanguard DrFort Wayne, IN
ManufacturingView all jobs at Safari Solutions
Get fresh Fluid Power Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.