Safari Solutions has an immediate need for a full time Field Technician to join our growing Events Team. Safari Solutions has been providing voice, data, hardware, and wireless solutions to the professional golf industry for over 15 years. At these tournaments, Safari Solutions delivers a single solution-design, install and support of all types of communications including high density Wi-Fi solutions, voice networking, wireless broadband for internet and other data connectivity, and much more.
Overview of Work Responsibilities:
- Install and support voice and data equipment. Equipment can be IP phones, routers, faxes, and Internet related machines
- Independently make basic decisions and relay any changes that the Local Project Manager may not already be aware of
- Travel Nationwide and some international, to events for setup and support
- Pull, route, and install Cat5, Cat6, and Fiber optic cabling in a custom outdoor commercial environment
- Terminate and test voice and data cabling; troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues
- Dress and terminate distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels, fiber optic LIU’s)
- Install support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Keep accurate documentation about the project at hand
- At least 3 months of experience working as a cable technician, specifically installing voice and data systems in a commercial environment, or equivalent schooling.
- Ownership of basic telecom tools: Punch down, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, hard hat, boots, safety glasses, etc.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to interface with all team members and provide detailed status update reports (technical and non-technical)
- Demonstrates the initiative and creativity for self-development within and outside of the company
- Must be willing to travel up to 65% of the year
- A licensed driver with a clean driving record and a vehicle to get to and from the airport and or job site.
Physical requirements & Work conditions:
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. of material, and use a man lift or ladder during the course of a normal work day
- Ability to work in heat and cold temperatures
- Work with flexibility in scheduling to meet productions goals
- This job requires up to double shifts during Events.