Company: Safari Ltd® is an American owned, family operated manufacturer and worldwide distributor of educational toys. These authentic, hand-painted figurines have been inspiring children around the globe for three generations. Our mission is to teach children the importance of nature and its conservation through the joy of play. And we’ve been doing a solid job so far…
Position Overview: Safari Ltd® is looking for an Accounting Clerk.
The Accounting Clerk perform a variety of financial, administrative, and clerical tasks related to the maintenance, processing, and monitoring of company revenues and expenditures.
The Accounting Clerk produces a high volume of work with periodic interruptions. The candidate must be customer service oriented and provide the highest level of customer support at all times.
Other functions the Accounting Clerk’s role entails:
· Ensures that invoices are billed correctly and are recorded in a timely manner
· Properly code and enter all payables for multiple companies
· Review and process billing in accordance with client agreements
· Ensures that submitted special requests for billing are routed through mandated process
· Assist in the monthly reconciliation process on various GL accounts
· Prepare batches of payments for data entry as required
· Enter journal entries to account for intercompany expenses
· Responsible for high volume of billing and payment postings with communication on a daily basis
· Coordinate with clients regarding invoice related inquiries, collection status, resolve discrepancies and performs client statement reconciliations
· Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate client files assuring that all records have necessary documentation
· Monitors client details through follow up, collection and allocation of payments as well as for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
· Maintains client relationships by communicating via phone, email, or mail
· And perform other job-related duties or other assigned task and projects as directed by company management and/or supervisors.
· Job duties may be changed or added base on department and company needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Strong Accounting/Accounts Receivable skills with 2-3 years experience
· An understanding of GAAP in relation to receivables/revenues and payables/expenses
· Experience with SAP Business One preferred
· Strategic, big-picture thinking and a thirst to learn
· Must be self-directed and motivated and also have the ability to work well within a team environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Punctuality and consistent work attendance