Position: Service Director
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager
Supervises: Dining Room Manager, Servers, Server Assistants, Food Runner, Banquet Staff and Host/Hostess
The position of Service Director (SD) is a highly responsible, hands-on position that focuses on the service experience in the manner most pleasing to members and their guests. The SD assists other members of the management team in the day-to-day operations of the club and will sometimes serve as the MOD. The SD manages the FOH staff to include recruitment, training, oversight, service execution and scheduling within budgetary restraints. The SD will work closely with the Dining Room Manager, Bar Manager, Catering & Special Events Manager and Executive Chef.
- Complies with the Saddle & Cycle Club’s vision and values.
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and dressed in accordance with The Saddle & Cycle Club’s appearance standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Anticipate guest and contact needs, ascertain satisfaction and respond urgently and appropriately to concerns and requests.
- Extraordinary communication abilities when interacting or directing associates, guests, clients and internal departments to build relationships.
- Able to consistently perform tasks with little supervision.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Spearhead all training, development and continuing education opportunities for all F&B staff members to include updating and refining all materials applicable to the operation.
· Provide leadership and support the Dining Room, Terrace, Bar and Banquet staff while adhering to and promoting the Saddle & Cycle service standards.
· Possesses superior human relations and management skills, displaying the ability to proactively train staff members, organize the workload and direct the service staff in the capacity of team captain.
· Fosters a positive relationship and working environment between the FOH and BOH team.
· This qualified individual must have excellent customer service skills: be friendly, energetic and passionate about the hospitality industry.
· Takes reservations and checks table reservation schedules; greets and seats members and their guests.
· Serve as Manager-On-Duty overseeing all Club areas to include client communication, handling of any issues outside of F&B and securing/closing down the Club.
· Conduct daily lineups for a la carte dining as well as banquet pre-shift meetings for events of all scopes and sizes.
· Ensure proper care, security and maintenance of Club equipment through proper supervision and Standard Operating Procedures for staff to adhere to.
· Perform administrative duties including daily logs, business fluctuations, requisitions, ordering, payroll and reviews.
· Collaborate with the F&B Management team on décor and props for events.
· Assures all staff members are following state and local laws pertaining to certifications and health code requirements.
· Maintain daily housekeeping and maintenance program to include storage and operational areas and associate appearance. Reports any defective or problematic concerns promptly to Engineering.
· Maintains an accurate count of all service supplies to include glassware, silverware and any other pertinent items.
Duties & Responsibilities (continued):
· Act as initial contact for FOH disciplinary actions while ensuring they are consistent and accurate. Provides timely detailed account of any disciplinary issues.
· Immediately respond to any guest or associate issues and develop appropriate action plans to correct them.
· The ability to participate and coordinate the physical set-up of both member and private event space throughout our 18-acre campus.
· Performs daily walk-throughs of Food & Beverage areas to make sure they are clean, neat and professionally maintained. If any issues arise, coordinates them with the Clubhouse Manager.
· Ensures that all daily side work and routine cleaning is completed.
· Possesses superior technical dining room and beverage service.
· Is present at major member and holiday events, as well as weekly management meetings.
· Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
· Works with the Executive Chef to update, review and print menu changes. Furthermore, make sure the menus in the Club POS System and the sales keys are accurately maintained.
· Assist the Clubhouse Manager in the procurement of all staff uniforms.
· Undertakes special projects as requested by the Clubhouse Manager or any member of the management team.
- Knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry and will keep abreast of the current industry trends.
- The ability to engage and lead the Food & Beverage team.
- Will present himself or herself as a member of the management team at the club.
- 2+ years of prior supervisory and / or management experience in a comparable environment. Private Club or luxury hotel experience is strongly desired. Experience at a highly rated restaurant (Forbes, AAA, Michelin) highly desired.
- High school or equivalent education required. Four-year hospitality degree preferred.
- Must be certified in both Food Safety and Allergens by an Accredited Institution (ServSafe).
- Must have open availability.
- Must be able to continuously sit, stand, and walk a minimum of 8 hours.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, push, and pull over the course of a shift.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per the Saddle & Cycle Club’s appearance standards.
- Will be occasionally required to perform job functions outdoors and be exposed to sun, heat, humidity and other elements.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays, split shifts and extended shifts.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to periodically lift and carry up to 30lbs. over the course of a shift.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive commensurate with experience and education. Saddle & Cycle Club offers a comprehensive benefits package for those who qualify, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(K) match, employee meals and paid time off.