Sacred Sun is seeking a high-energy, hands-on Applications Engineer of Residential Energy Storage System, a key role in our north America team. Core responsibilities include: providing technical training and support to internal and external customers, applying lessons learned to future projects and product selection, identifying project level solutions, supporting product evaluation, and overall collaboration with cross-functional teams for successful completion of Sacred Sun residential energy storage projects. Scope of work will include electrical, mechanical, and software elements and translating these into creative solutions to improve customer experience, increase product reliability, and drive product excellence. Collaborate with engineering design, development, and management teams to provide product design feedback and improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
· Identify and address challenges preventing opportunities from turning into orders
· Develop and manage necessary support processes, documentation, and tools to enable successful and efficient technical sales
· Assist sales analysts and development engineers with interconnection strategy and advice regarding energy storage.
· Provide product training, including key technical features as well as proper use of processes and tools, to both internal and external groups
· Act as first level escalation point for technical support inquiries
· Field engineering support - troubleshoot, test and commission technical equipment
· Act in client facing meetings, presentations and conferences
· Understand local regulations and norms periodically to ensure that Sacred Sun solutions are compliant and current with changing market requirements
· Gather feedback and new requirements from customers and installers
· Excellent technical understanding of residential energy storage technologies and grid-tied photovoltaic systems including: inverters, monitoring & communications, and energy management technologies
· Hands-on experience designing and building PV and energy storage systems
Hands-on prototyping capability, and extensive troubleshooting and debugging of electronic systems
· With established expertise in one or more of the following areas: -Power Electronics -Battery storage system design -Strong knowledge of technologies in energy storage development -Lithium ion battery storage safety: Familiarity with UL1973, UL9540, UL9540A, NFPA 855, NFPA 70E, NEC, applicable IFC/IBC sections -Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives -
· Experience in Off /on-grid or Micro-grid system development or deployment
· Understanding of energy economics, utility rate structures, and distributed generation interconnection policies and compensation mechanisms
· Understanding of AC and DC power systems, electrical, and mechanical diagrams.
· Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals – mechanical, electrical, and thermal
· Excellent written and verbal communication are a must.
The application Engineer will diagnose, troubleshoot, and document hardware and software service calls for energy storage and hybrid inverter systems. You will participate in the development of product manuals, training videos, and installer certification programs. You will troubleshoot issues, guide installers through solutions, and work with the software engineers on cloud and networking issues.
Education And Experience
· BSEE required or equivalent experience
· 5 years of experience providing on-site solar energy system product support. 2 years of experience in lithium ion storage systems preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to solve technical problems by phone, email on location
· Ability to travel 25-50%
· Experience developing training and certification programs is preferred