We are currently seeking a full-time (85%) Middle School coordinator of educational technology for the 2020-2021 school year.
Position: Middle School coordinator of educational technology
Reports to: Head of Middle School
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Middle School coordinator of educational technology is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills. Sacred Heart has a strong commitment to technology including a 1:1 laptop program in grades 5-12, a robust computer science curriculum and cutting-edge equipment including an all-school Makerspace and design lab.
The coordinator of educational technology has the following responsibilities:
• Provide opportunities for the Middle School faculty members to comprehend and embrace computer science and computational thinking, and assist them in their efforts to incorporate it into their teaching;
• Teach Middle School computer science classes focusing on computational thinking, coding, physical computing and other skills in alignment with the Computer Science Teachers Association curricular standards;
• Provide opportunities for students to develop engineering and problem-solving skills in our Makerspace/design lab;
• Work with the Middle School dean of students and school psychologist in designing and implementing student and parent digital citizenship standards and programs;
• Work with department leaders & teachers in our continual review and development of the Middle School STEAM curriculum;
• Be an active learner and leader in the field of computer science;
• Serve as an advisor to a group of Middle School students;
• Organize and provide developmentally appropriate educational programs and instruction; plan and implement curriculum and differentiated instruction for Middle School students;
• Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, problem-solving, critical thinking and communication appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of the students;
• Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another; through student-centered instruction and authentic assessment;
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues and parents;
• Participate in Middle School faculty and departmental meetings; performing various faculty supervisory duties.
Additional Roles beyond the 85% position:
• Lead the Middle School robotics teams;
• Lead the all-school MakerSpace, share resources with the faculty, schedule class visits, order supplies and maintain equipment.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in computer science and experience teaching Middle School aged students. As members of the international network of Sacred Heart schools, we are committed to attracting and retaining faculty with a passion for teaching who demonstrate an active faith, practice a deep respect for intellectual values, promote social awareness, build community, and value personal growth and responsibility. We seek faculty who are committed to all-girl education and who will draw upon current research to maximize student learning. Convent of the Sacred Heart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes candidates who will enhance the diversity of our community.
Application Procedure: Please Apply Online at http://www.applitrack.com/cshgreenwich/onlineapp/
Sacred Heart Greenwich
Why Work Here?Sacred Heart Greenwich provides an empowering learning environment for girls and young women from kindergarten through twelfth grade to prepare them to become confident, intelligent and compassionate global leaders. The school offers a coed program for young children at the Barat Center for Early Childhood Education. Our students carry on the Sacred Heart tradition of academic excellence and development of the mind, body and spirit on our beautiful 110-acre campus in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Wonderful community, beautiful campus, and great benefits!