The Assistant Athletic Trainer Assistant will assist the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer in providing comprehensive health care services for student-athletes, enforce the Sports Medicine Policies and Procedures, and perform other duties assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer or Athletic Directors. The position requires regularly traveling to off-campus practice / game locations as well as working some nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide comprehensive health care services – injury prevention, immediate care, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, reconditioning and management of athletic injuries
· Injury documentation / record keeping using SportsWare injury tracking software
· Utilize Magnus Health for online student-athlete PPE Forms and other athletic participation forms collection
· Provide coaches with PPE summaries
· Contact coaches on regular basis with injury updates
· Enforce athletic training room policies / rules
· Practice coverage including off-site for football
· Home and away game coverage for football
· Home coverage for other sports including some off-site events including some nights and weekends
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology or related field
· NATABOC Certified and in good standing with the NATA
· BLS CPR/AED for Healthcare Provider Certification through American Heart Association, American Red Cross or other recognized organization
· Valid CA driver’s license
· 2-3 years experience at secondary school level
· Experience with contact/collision sports
· Experience with ImPACT concussion management software
· Experience with SportsWare injury tracking software
· Experience with Magnus Health for online forms collection
The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so assigned.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee may lift and/or move at least 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply click: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2552069