Specialty Clerk (Beer, Wine & Cheese Department)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $21 Hourly
The Specialty Clerk (Wine, Beer, and Cheese Clerk) creates a phenomenal shopping experience for Co-op customers by upholding the cooperative values and supporting the cooperative principles through exceptional customer service. This position works cutting, wrapping, and stocking cheese, and stocking beer and wine as well as maintaining cleanliness and food safety standards. Most importantly, the Specialty Clerk will make all our customers feel welcomed by acknowledging or greeting each customer and providing genuine, helpful, and respectful customer service based on the ethical values of cooperatives.
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt
REPORTS TO Specialty Manager
UNION STATUS Teamsters Local 150ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold all Co-op policies, procedures and expectations.
- Customer Experience
- Greet customers and provide friendly, helpful, courteous, and prompt customer service based on individual customer needs and wants.
- Create a uniquely valuable shopping experience and more fully engages our customers by seeking out information and assistance from others to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations.
- Lead customers to product and product information locations in the store upon request.
- Help customers make product selections by answering questions and providing information about all beer, wine, and cheese items.
- Department Operations
- Order, receive, and merchandise wine, beer, cheese, and olive products following proper guidelines for merchandising, rotation, sanitation, pricing, mechanizing, and organic quality standards.
- Consistently replenish products to ensure freshness and visibility.
- Accept, order, receive, stock, and retrieve special orders.
- Follow proper procedures for opening and closing.
- Maintain inventory of products and supplies.
- Handle product returns from customers and arrange returns and credits to vendors.
- Conduct price changes and signage orders following department procedures.
- Ensure accurate and sanitary product processing, packaging, labeling, dating, and pricing according to department procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all items, ingredients, vendors, and products in all Specialty Department areas.
- Prioritize time to ensure that prep work, stocking, cleaning, and customer service are handled efficiently.
- Receive orders, weigh in product, inspect for quality, record date received, and fill out receiving reports and other paperwork as needed.
- Clean and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collect and place garbage, recycling, and compostable items in designated containers.
- Follow department procedures for processing known loss, invoices, special orders, and transfers.
- Rotate all product using first in, first out (FIFO).
- Safe and proper use of equipment, and only use equipment you have been trained to use safely.
- Check chemical sanitation levels (PPM) on sanitizer buckets, and report all discrepancies to management.
- Properly handle all chemical and sanitation products.
- Clerk Duties
- Adhere to scheduled shifts and be ready for work when shift begins.
- Wear proper clothing during shift and adhere to the dress code.
- Maintain accurate and attractive signage within your department.
- Keep your department orderly and clean.
- Other Duties
- Assist in inventory counts, storewide cleaning, and other projects as needed.
- Attend meetings and events as requested.
- Adhere to department dress code.
- Demonstrate support for the cooperative values and principles daily.
- Perform other duties and work in other departments as assigned.
Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
BusinessView all jobs at Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?