Sacramento Ear, Nose & Throat Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our large medical practice is currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Medical Scribe to assist our healthcare team with documenting patient medical records. The successful applicant will be responsible for documenting accurate and detailed information of patient visits while providing the highest quality customer service to patients, adhering to practice protocols and processes, and effectively managing the volume of work without allowing quality to be compromised. If you have prior experience working in a medical practice, we encourage you to apply.
Medical Scribes are individuals trained in medical documentation who assist medical providers. The primary goal is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician. The Medical Scribe is responsible for annotating any dictated or written information for the treatment of patients into the electronic health record system. The Medical Scribe is responsible for clearly recording each patient's symptoms, history, physical exam and documenting the diagnosis. This position has no direct involvement in patient care but has an interdepartmental role in assisting the rest of the healthcare staff.
- The primary role of the Medical Scribe is to assist the medical provider with documentation of each patient's medical chart during his or her visit.
- Accompanies the provider into the patient examination area in order to transcribe a history and physical examination as given by the patient and physician.
- Documents any procedures performed by the physician on the electronic medical chart.
- Is an expert in the use of various templates and documentation techniques available in the EHR system, and use these tools efficiently so individual encounters can be well documented, as well as accurately congregate data collected for statistical reports.
- Transcribes any consultation or discussion with family members and/or the physician.
- Completes the patient's chart by transcribing results of any labs, x-rays, or other evaluations. In doing so, the scribe continuously checks on the progress of this data in order to get the patient's workup complete so that the physician is able to make his or her decisions regarding that patient.
- Lists all proper diagnoses as well as any follow up instructions and prescriptions, as dictated by the physician.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Previous scribing experience preferred; would consider 1+ year college coursework including English, Medical Terminology, Anatomy or Physiology
- Experience working in an outpatient clinic or doctor's office preferred
- Medical Transcriptionist experience
- Ability to travel to and work at various office locations based on staffing needs and schedule
- A valid CA Driver's license is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Typing 40 WPM or greater
- Skill in interpersonal interactions, communication and therapeutic behavior
- Appropriate grammar and scribing skills
- Understanding of patient education needs and ability to provide education
- Experience with medical terminology
- Excellent computer skills
- Impeccable verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete and concise fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image
- Ability to assess, plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks
Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others
Job Type: Full-time