REPORTS TO (TITLE): Director of Assessment and Referrals
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
To assess the needs of prospective patients and phone callers and ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
- Responds to telephone and face-to-face inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Through a systematic process of interaction with patients, the patient's significant others, and the appropriate health care providers, collects and analyzes data regarding the patient's physical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural and anticipated discharge needs; determines patient's alcohol or drug toxicity; identifies signs of withdrawal; conducts screenings or assessments to determine needs of treatment.
- The care and treatment of the patient are rendered in a competent manner and are based on current chemical dependency and psychiatric nursing/clinical knowledge and standards; care is evaluated against the goals and plan of care and is revised as needed and appropriate to the patient.
- Facilitates the patient's access to the appropriate level of care and setting.
- Assumes responsibility in maintaining a safe, orderly and therapeutic physical environment for all patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and health professional affiliates, healthcare facilities, and nursing staff.
- Demonstrates good skills in assessing client's crisis and clinical indicators via phone and in-person and documenting such on a call sheet and scheduling assessment as clinically appropriate.
- Prepares written report of assessment results in a timely manner (immediately following completed assessment) and includes recommendations for the level of care and treatment needs.
- Makes appropriate interventions during assessments, and crisis situations with clients, family/friends and other professional staff.
- Assesses need for involuntary hospitalization evaluation and contacts county crisis team, law enforcement or 5150 certified AVDMH employee as needed to ensure the safety of client and others.
- Enters the data of calls and assessments in the computer system in a timely manner.
- Assists clients who are not admitted into a program with follow-through of clinical referrals and recommendations.
- Provides pertinent clinical information to physician and program staff who will be reviewing the patient to ensure a smooth transition for the patient.
- Distributes documentation of admissions to the Business Office, Admitting Unit and the Utilization Review Department.
- Maintains knowledge of the developmental tasks and sociological theories of pertinent age groups.
- Maintains knowledge of legal guidelines pertaining to EMTALA/COBRA and abuse/neglect reporting.
- Communicates with managed care organizations to obtain insurance pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
- Stays abreast of organization's programs and services.
- Participates in activities which enhance professional growth and development.
- Performs related duties, as requested.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Current RN, LVN/LPT, LMFT California License, if applicable
- Inpatient experience preferred
- Familiarity with continuum of care and clinical terminology
- Knowledge of DSM III-R diagnostic criteria
- Current CPR certification
- NCI (or equivalent as approved by CNO) obtained within 60 days of hire
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health
- Assessment and intervention skills
- Persuasive manner and skills in overcoming denial and resistance to treatment
- Ability to concentrate on task in high traffic areas
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium.
- Sensitivity to, and willingness to, interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Ability to stoop, lift, finger (pick, pinch or type and grasp)
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to ten (10) pounds.
401K Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
PTO Plan with Holiday Premium Pay
Discounted Cafeteria Meal Plan
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available.)
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-in opportunities)
Sacramento Behavioral Healthcare Hospital