Low Voltage Systems Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Sachs Electric Company
DEPARTMENT: Sachs Systems
POSITION: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Group Manager, Sachs Systems
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Oversees Field Supervision and project support staff as applicable based on project.
Provides overall administrative and technical direction for one large complex project, direct segments of larger project under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, or direct smaller size projects/accounts with or without the assistance or subordinate managers or project engineers. Types of projects include but are not limited to all types of low voltage systems such as Voice/Data, Video and Security systems (Access Control, CATV, CCTV), Audio Visual, Nurse Call, Distributed Antenna Systems, and Fire Alarm Systems. Project Managers are responsible for all aspects of a project including, proposals, bids, budget, oversight of field employees and P&L. Project Managers carry responsibility for all matters, even if performed by a support function. Project Managers may be required to travel to projects which may include temporary relocation. In addition, this role provides account management support, customer service and new business development.
- Oversee construction and/or design effort (if applicable) to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, National Electrical Code, budget, and schedule. This includes the interfacing with the general contractors, the client's representatives, the owner, if directly with the owner, the architect engineer's representatives, union officials where applicable, subcontractors, if any, and develop good working relationship with field labor and supervision. Is responsible and has the authority to coordinate and direct all support functions of Sachs Electric.
- Plan and coordinate and supervise activities of all company personnel assigned to the project(s).
- Authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions including choice of superintendent, general foremen, foremen, number of people on projects, wages, purchase requisitions, payment approvals, change order requests and estimates thereof, all billing, design assistance, and any other related construction or support activities.
- With the assistance of the appropriate company officer or NECA, if applicable, negotiate with unions concerning grievances, jurisdiction, market recovery programs, or other labor related issues.
- Ensures all company client and project policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to and interprets the policies as required.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of all official project documentation and logs.
- Responsible for and assists in the implementation/interpretation of safety programs and ensures that all OSHA requirements are met. Utilize project safety tools and actively participate in project safety.
- Provides direction to planning, scheduling and engineering functions as required.
- Responsible for customer cultivation, maintenance and other sales and marketing as required or directed. Develop relationships to procure work. Expand contacts and relationships on a regular basis.
- Performs specialized estimating and assists in estimating projects as required by the company's needs. Self-perform large plan/spec estimates & proposals. Apply varying labor units to estimates. Perform conceptual estimates on some types of work.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions, payment approvals, sending invoices, and change order requests.
- Participate in negotiations with unions concerning grievances, jurisdiction, market recovery programs or other labor related issues.
- Ensure that all company client policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to and interpret the policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of all official project documentation and logs.
- Responsible for customer maintenance and other sales and marketing.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of labor agreements and standards specific to projects.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years experience managing low voltage systems projects as described in the position overview.
- BS in Engineering (preferably Electrical) or Construction Management Degree preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
- Proficient in utilizing project management tools and basic understanding of project accounting
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ensure maximum quality of work throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Experience with Accubid a plus
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus
- RCDD certification a plus
Willingness to travel both short and long term a plus
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Sachs Electric
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?