Custodian 2nd Shift/Meskwaki Settlement School
Sac and Fox Tribe of Iowa Tama, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Each custodian will have an up-to-date written daily work schedule which will be available in the building for use by substitutes. A copy of the schedule will be given to the Facilities Manager and Building Principal each school year.
- Custodians will be responsible for changing burned out incandescent bulbs and fluorescent tubes to insure proper lighting in all classrooms.
- Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Sweep and vacuum classrooms daily and dust furniture, windowsills, and countertops.
- Secure and lock the building before leaving as assigned.
- Clean the gymnasium or commons after any activity such as; athletic events, meetings, or adult education classes.
- Clean corridors after school each day, and during the day when required.
- Clean assigned restrooms. Special daily care must be given to all stools and urinals. Stools, urinals, and lavatories will be cleaned daily with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Wash all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if needed.
- Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in good state of preservation.
- Make such minor building repairs, as he/she is capable of.
- Perform basic building cleaning duties.
- Carry out scheduled cleaning duties and preventive maintenance on all buildings and building equipment.
- Follow recommended and established cleaning procedures in assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Be available to assist in other areas and with other custodians as needed.
- Assist in maintaining standards of building and site cleanliness to provide a healthy, safe, and attractive physical environment.
- To maintain a sense of pride in the areas of responsibility which are presented to the public.
- Follow established safety procedures at all times.
- Understand that an occasional need will arise to work a split shift, a weekend activity or on call at the direction of the Facilities Manager or building Principal.
- Will become familiar with safety drills, in order to help with the safe and orderly evacuation of the building if necessary.
- Will be knowledgeable of the location and usage of fire extinguishers and see that all fire exits and routes are kept clear at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess a valid State of Iowa driver's license.
- Self-starter, ability to work alone.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds in the daily performance of the position and an occasional 50-70 pounds.
- Ability to work from/off a ladder/scaffold in order to change light bulbs, clean light fixtures, paint, clean walls, make minor repairs, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude for equipment operation.
- Ability to complete assigned task/schedule successfully and in a timely manner.
- Must pass a background check.
Position is supervised by the Facilities Manager
SALARY: FT $10.87
Job Posted by ApplicantPro