Registered Nurse Supervisor
Sabal Palms Health & Rehabilitation Largo, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
*This position is a Weekend Overnight, Building Supervisor (Friday/Saturday/Sunday and can be either Full on Part Time; depending on your needs.) Depending on building needs, it may require you to help out on the floor. Sabal Palms Health & Rehabilitation is one of two Long Term Care communities in the Bay area offering care to children. You also do not need Pediatrics experience.
Located on The Palms of Largo campus, Sabal Palms Health & Rehabilitation is an award-winning, skilled nursing community, offering care and restorative therapy to children, young adults and seniors. Apply today to join our outstanding, dedicated team of talented professionals!Purpose
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the daily nursing activities of the facility during the shift. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.Essential Job Functions Duties and ResponsibilitiesNursing Care Functions
- Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures including the safety program.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
- Make rounds with health care provider.
- Utilize nursing personnel qualifications according to the resident's care plan, wishes, and health care provider orders.
- Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
- Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the supervisor.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) as requested by management.
- May be responsible for clinical programs as directed, e.g. dementia, wound care, quality assurance, infection control, admissions.
- Complete an initial assessment and develop interim care plan.
- Update, review, and transcribe the care plan that identifies the goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs and new health care provider orders.
- Communicate with health care provider to review treatment plans, complete orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
- Review the resident's medical record for specific treatments, medication orders, diets, labs etc., as for implementation and follow up.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the health care provider, and in accordance with our established procedures.
- Communicate the department's policies and procedures to personnel, residents, and visitors.
- Communicate with written (24 hour report) and oral reports/recommendations concerning any changes in resident condition and other activities of your shift to nursing management.
- Fill out and complete accident/incidents involving residents or staff and submit to Director of Nursing.
- Complete and file assessments and all other medical record documentation as required to provide care services.
- Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician's orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the supervisor.
- Complete clinically accurate documentation according to policy.
- Review the resident medical documentation and progress notes from the interdisciplinary team to determine if the care plan is being followed. Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Inform nursing personnel of new admissions and the resident's care needs. Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions. Greet newly admitted residents upon admission.
- Notify the resident's attending health care practitioner and family when there is a change in the resident's condition.
- Meet with your assigned support personnel (Housekeeping, Dining Services, Nursing Assistants, etc.) to plan the shift's services, programs, and activities and monitor tasks are completed as directed.
- Coordinate services with other members of the disciplinary team (Housekeeping, Dining Services, Nursing, etc.) to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Assist in arranging transportation for residents and other third party services.
- Prepare and administer medications ordered by the health care provider.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report needs to the supervisor.
- Review medication administration record for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the health care provider's order. Report concerns to your supervisor.
- Dispose of drugs and narcotics as required, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Adjust the staffing needs of the nursing service department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Develop work assignments, schedule duty hours, and assist and supervise nursing staff to ensure that all personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in staff development. Formally and informally monitor performance of personnel and ensure adjustments/corrections are made by using coaching, counseling, and discipline methods.
- Work with the Director of Nursing to resolve staff performance issues including those that may lead to termination.
- Review complaints and grievances, complete investigations, and work with the Director of Nursing for a plan of action and resolution..
- Participate in the planning, conducting and scheduling of timely in service and orientation training classes that meet state and federal requirements.
- Supply and make available protective equipment for staff.
- Maintain nursing service work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.), resident rooms, and treatment areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply needs of the nursing department. Ensure that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on the premise at all times to adequately meet the needs of the residents.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions and follow instructions.
- Be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility.
- Be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
- Prefer experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Have experience in supervision and principles, practice of teaching, etc.
- Possess skills in leadership and communication.
- Possess creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- Be able to provide critical thinking skills to address clinical issues.
- Possess an active license to practice as an RN in this state.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Sabal Palms Health & Rehabilitation
HealthcareView all jobs at Sabal Palms Health & Rehabilitation