Customer Service Representative
To serve internal and external customers by accurately entering customer orders into the system and responding to customer issues in a timely manner, according to established company standards.
- Answers all incoming concerns and needs from all customers; receives inquiries, orders and complaints from customers either via phone or email; investigates various sources for information, responds to issues and provides support for resolution; answers inquiries in writing or by phone, depending on the urgency; contacts other personnel in other departments when follow-up is necessary.
- Analyze incoming orders to ensure proper identification of merchandise, correct order code, customer number, item count and number of cases ordered; relays special instructions on orders pertaining to shipping, pick-ups, etc. and initiates credit memos and billing adjustments as required.
- Enters orders into the computer including delivery, pick-up requests, add-on orders and will-call orders; provides invoice copies to customers and processes credits according to established standards.
- Contacts customers via phone or email to monitor orders before the order deadline and maintains call list.
- Gathers, organizes and compiles documents (e.g. pricing documents, invoices, and other paperwork) to be distributed to warehouse, purchasing, and other company departments according to established standards.
- Communicates with customers and drivers regarding delivery changes (e.g. late trucks, product shortages) and with co-workers to collaboratively resolve issues or concerns.
- Performs receptionist duties as needed (e.g. greets guests, issues visitor badges, answers main telephone line, directs calls, takes messages, distributes in-coming mail and prepares out-going mail and packages).
- Works assigned schedule; exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands; performs other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree plus 1 year customer service experience.
Previous 10 key and call center experience strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: SYGMA products, Microsoft operating system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AS400
Skill in: internal and external Customer Service
Ability to: work quickly, efficiently and independently; multi-task; prioritize; be detail oriented; meet deadlines in a pressured situation; communicate effectively with other associates and customers and develop good working relationships; listen; adapt to change; problem solve; operate a computer, printer, copier, fax machine; read, comprehend, write and speak English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, coach or crawl and may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is primarily working in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building; the associate spends the majority of their time on the telephone with the ability to use a headset as needed; the noise level is usually moderately quiet.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.