SWM is Essential.
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used for essential applications in the medical, filtration, transportation and more.
Our world-class team supplies advanced materials for leading brands of all sizes. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
YOU are essential.
In this role, you will serve as an advisor and coach, providing both tactical and strategic HR support to employees, site leadership and HR team members. You will partner across a full line of business located in 5 different states (Georgia, Illinois, California, Ohio and Pennsylvania) to drive growth in the areas of recruitment, change management, performance management, employee relations and execution of HR policies and processes.
What SWM's HRG Does:
HR Leadership & Collaboration
- Serve as primary contact for employees and managers to provide HR support.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with management team in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support.
- Drive our Safety-First culture by supporting initiatives and processes towards zero recordable injuries.
- Will support multiple locations across the Sediment and Erosion Control line of business.
- Lead and implement hiring activities for designated sites. Ensure compliance with all company and legal guidelines.
- Conduct new employee orientation & on-boarding for assigned groups.
- Administration of employee benefits, employee questions and issues through communication with benefit vendors and Benefits Center of Excellence team.
- Partner with 3rd party administrator for FMLA, Short-Term Disability, and Leaves of Absence. Liaison with the HRBP regarding ADA accommodation requests.
- Reinforce SWM mission and guiding principles through close engagement and interaction with site employees.
- Serve as an employee advocate; monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Partner with site leadership to create and implement engagement strategies designed to maintain a positive, engaged working environment.
- Provide guidance and support for supervisors and managers in progressive discipline/corrective actions to ensure they are conducted consistently and according to policy.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on employee relations, conducting investigations and resolving complex employee relations issues, including claims of harassment and/or discrimination.
- Manage and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Provide coaching and feedback to leaders on performance management and career development plans. Work closely with the Human Resources Business Partner to ensure alignment.
- Partner with supervisors to effectively manage employee performance.
Policies & Processes
- Administer HR policies and programs for designated sites; ensure compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws.
- Coach and advise managers and employees on human resource policies and rules; identify and resolving problems or recommending courses of action.
- Provide support to internal audit for SOX compliance, as requested.
- Analyze data regarding key HR metrics and provide recommendations based on results.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Up to 50% travel to support multi-site locations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or a related field with 5+ years experience in HR, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- Bilingual preference (English and Spanish)
- Sound knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulation.
- Must be detailed oriented and have a proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong understanding of HRIS systems; Oracle and ADP experience preferred
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential data with a high level of professionalism
- Strong project management skills and deadline driven
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen and customer service orientation
- Focused on driving results
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position