Leads the development and implementation of manual and automated production systems by ensuring that volume and costs goals are achieved and high quality standards are met while providing a safe working environment for all employees.
- Define and monitor project budgets, as well as, document project KPIs and business cases to facilitate future projects.
- Contribute to development of implementation strategies for Electric Vehicle Assembly (EVA).
- Direct employees in line with organizational culture, values, and guidelines while communicating performance goals and conducting performance reviews.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new production technologies and ensure continuous process improvements.
- Collaborate internally with other departments on the development and implementation of assembly and production processes.
- Manage projects for the assembly of electric vehicles, as well as, collaborate with Plant Management on the optimal levels of plant capacity utilization.
- Ensure that the expected level of safety, quality, quantity, and deadlines of the production process are met.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and introduce lean manufacturing strategies to achieve project goals.
- Confirm compliance with product-specific and plant-specific environmental policies and government regulations, as well as, relevant procedures, directives, and work agreements.
- Lead regularly scheduled Area of Responsibility team meetings and participate in regularly scheduled EVA Project meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Operations Management, or another related field of study OR the equivalent combination of education and/or years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Project Planning or Project Management for the implementation of production processes and technologies within an automotive manufacturing environment, preferably in a leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of LEAN manufacturing concepts and how to apply those tools in a modern working environment.
- General understanding of ERP systems such as SAP software.
- Project Management certification preferred.
This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every responsibility of the position nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
The Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY operates under employment-at-will.