- Expired: October 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Planning, designing, validating, and improving assembly systems, process' and equipment procedures for modular automotive assembly products.
- Developing, evaluating, improving, and documenting current and future manufacturing processes.
- Improve efficiency of processes through lean manufacturing tools.
- Analyze data and identify root causes of defects. Provide corrective actions in order to improve particular process or product yield.
- Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput.
- Assist in developing P.F.M.E.A. / F.M.E.A. / P.C.P / and P.F. D's
- Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
- Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Working closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential company documents.
- Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
- Interfaces with customers as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
- Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- Assist the Health & Safety team in the design and implementation of ergonomic projects
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology and/or 3 - 5 years of various manufacturing processes (stamping, fabrication, welding, assembly, etc.) and tooling experience (in automotive environment is preferred)
- Strong understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Resistance Welding (Medar/Bosch), Projection and Mig Welding (GMAW & FCAW)
- Working knowledge / understanding of Drawn Arc stud welding (Emhart)
- Working knowledge / understanding of SPR (Self Piercing Rivet) process would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills (English written and oral).
- Excellent time management and work organizational (prioritization) skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve new and unique problems.
- Highly proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).
- Advanced knowledge of SPC
- Knowledge of process evaluation, time study, statistical methods analysis,
- Knowledge in CAD: 3D Models, SPC, drawings and GD&T an asset
- Periodic travel required throughout North America
- Experience in the automotives industry.
- Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory, manufacturing floor, or machine shop setting where physical work includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching, kneeling, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety practices.
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Location: Alabama
- Schedule: Day Shift
- Core Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm / Monday - Friday
- Weekly Overtime: If Needed
- Weekend Work: If Needed
- Travel: None
- Assignment Start: ASAP
This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every responsibility of the position, nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY and all of its subsidiaries (i.e., NGE EQUIPMENT and ProjectOne US) are Equal Opportunity Employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY and all of its subsidiaries (i.e., NGE EQUIPMENT and ProjectOne US) are Equal Opportunity Employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileWhat languages do you speak fluently?* Desired salary* Earliest start date?* The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
Get fresh Process Improvement Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.