- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
SWD is a leading supplier of construction materials, providing state of the art solutions to the market. We believe our consistent delivery of innovative products and the newest technologies provide sustainable value to our business partners. When you are an employee at SWD, you are part of a team that is passionate about furthering the growth of the polyurethane foam industry.
What We Offer
Prior getting to the details of this position, SWD is proud to offer numerous benefits to our eligible employees. Full time employees at SWD may enroll in a generous Medical Plan with a company funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), company paid Telemedicine, company paid life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, and of course dental and vision. SWD also offers all employees Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as Paid Sick Leave. For more details regarding SWD's generous benefit package, please contact email@example.com
Who You Are
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is a member of the Operations team for our chemical blending and polyol manufacturing unit. The EH&S Specialist provides technical support for multiple shifts and must be able to effectively collaborate with management, staff, and vendors to ensure that Company goals, safety targets, and environmental requirements are met/exceeded. The EH&S Specialist shall advocate SWD Urethane’s core values: Safety First, Passion for Growth, Commitment to Excellence, Display Professionalism & Integrity, Deliver Solutions, and Teamwork. The EH&S Specialist is a valuable member of the operations team and reports to the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Ensure that the organization complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, etc. pertaining to the environment, health, and safety, including the development and implementation of written programs required by established and future standards.
• Provide guidance, consultation, and assistance to management and others on developing, distributing, and enforcing policies and procedures for the organization regarding the environment, health, and safety.
• Support and/or lead Hazards Analysis reviews of existing and new operations.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Maintenance teams to maintain compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) requirements for hazardous processes.
• Lead the Company Safety Committee in setting priorities, addressing current issues, and planning future training and investment to improve organizational performance.
• Schedule and lead routine safety inspections of all company facilities.
• Track, trend, and report company EH&S metrics.
• Develop, maintain, and execute emergency response processes, plans, procedures, training, and drills.
• Respond to complaints, conduct investigations, and recommend solutions to minimize safety and health problems to management.
• Establish and maintain an effective waste minimization program according to federal (RCRA) and local requirements.
• Conduct on-boarding and refresher training of new employees.
• Coordinate the Hazard Communication program and ensure that all SDSs (Safety Data Sheets) are filed in the company system.
• Assist in selection and/or design of Engineered Safe-guards, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and other protective measures to eliminate or workplace mitigate hazards.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering or related field required; with a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in an EH&S role.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interface with production, R&D, and non-technical personnel across the organization.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel), Outlook calendar and email.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Experience working with OSHA, PSM and the EPA’ RMP covered processes is required.
• Thorough knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) regulations.
• Excellent coaching, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Professional EH&S Certification (ASP/CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.) preferred.
• Experience in a chemical manufacturing or chemical blending environment preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, work in confined spaces; often for long periods at a time and often outside through weather typical during all seasons in Mesa, Arizona.
• May be required to be fitted for and wear a respirator.
• May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and climb up and down stairs.
• Required to use hands to handle or touch, and reach with hands and arms as well as raise arms above shoulder height. Expected to be able to operate a forklift safely and with precision.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
If you are looking for a role that is a fundamental part of our growth strategy, consider joining our team!
SWD, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, marital or protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at SWD Urethane