Demand Planner/Supply Chain Inventory Planner position available reporting directly to the CEO. The Supply Chain Inventory Planner is responsible for supply and demand planning activities for final inventory by leading, managing and overseeing the end-to-end process of production planning the scheduling of LTL pickups. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining, updating and analysis of the final product and customer forecasting; production batch and shop order planning; managing of LTL/FTL budgets and shipments; and monitoring inventory flow for multiple products to ensure company targets and SOP’s are being met.
- Audit and approve distributor and customer purchase orders against forecast to ensure accurate inventory flow and inventory levels.
- Communication with distributors and customers to assess their inventories, order patterns and goals. Adjust MOQ’s, Lead Times and shipment dates when needed. The entry of Sales Orders in manufacturing ERP application.
- Assessment/editing of demand requirements on a daily basis utilizing customer order and planning tool. Communicate changes to relevant departments, i.e. Production, Quality, R&D, Packaging, Receiving/Shipping, Accounting, Finance.
- Achieve consensus on production planning and inventory stock level goals. Creation of weekly Production Tools (PT’s) and entry and audit of weekly shop orders in manufacturing ERP application.
- Identify potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise departments of status and recovery plans.
- Facilitate meetings with sales, finance and/or executive departments to validate forecasts and forecasts over and above core business.
- Scheduling and management of LTL/FTL budgets and shipments. Updating of company shipping calendar.
- Reconciliation of ISS and manufacturing ERP application including, but not limited to auditing flow, movement, and shipments of final product in-house and at third party storage facilities.
- Assisting with onboarding new distributors and customers including, but not limited to providing LTL/FTL research, sourcing and quotes, reviewing and implementing shipping SOP’s according to distributor/customer requirements.
- Execute production and inventory management plans to support projects.
- Conduct root causes analysis when necessary.
- Provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in product planning in the manufacturing industry or related industry/field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) is a plus.
- Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application.
- Understanding of Master Data and Databases.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) Platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups).
- Organized, detailed, action-oriented, and results-driven.
- Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities. Experience in process improvement initiatives.
- Team player, experience in working in a highly cross-functional organization.