Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and operate power shears, and circle shear equipment, maintaining tolerances of +/- .005” per drawing and work instructions for that operation.
- Perform operation of square shear and circle shear equipment and verify using measuring devices as per drawings and work instructions, under direct supervision of set-up man or supervisor.
- Observe process or machine operation and measure parts in accordance with instructions using defined inspection media.
- Stops process or machine operation and notifies supervisor when the parts do not conform to specifications.
- Adjust tool and machine settings under supervision to obtain specified results
- Perform work in all areas of shop as designated by supervision on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a clean work area following 5S methodologies.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of demonstrated experience for Level 1 Shear Operator, 2-5 years of demonstrated experience for Level 2 Shear Operator.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and blueprints in English is required.
- Minimum vision requirements: Near and far vision of 20/30 in both eyes (corrected)
- Manual dexterity to handle small delicate parts and hand held standard measuring equipment at the same time.