SVS Group Duluth, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
In need of a Production Supervisor in the Duluth, MN Area. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a Global Manufacturer.
**We are looking for 2nd and 3rd shift**
- To coordinate and supervise the activities of hourly employees engaged in the production and processing of castings; oversee and direct operations according to production schedules and quality standards; maintain production flow and balance production, quality and cost objectives while maintaining employee morale and safety. Planning and coordinating shipments and responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of direct/raw materials.
- Complete and review production schedules.
- Maximize labor efficiency.
- Adjust workforce to staffing requirements.
- Plan production schedules according to recognized equipment limitations.
- Develop and audit quality control standards.
- Maintain and adhere to ISO standards, including but not limited to the Quality Policy Statement as well as the Quality Control Procedures Manual.
- Monitor workforce activities to control the number of recordable doctor cases and lost time injuries.
- Conduct safety meetings and safety contacts as needed.
- Investigate and report on all near misses and injuries and develop a corrective action plan when necessary.
- Conduct annual review of “Right-To-Know” material.
- Maintain showcase housekeeping.
- Operate efficiently to control direct labor and material costs.
- Encourage cost reduction ideas.
- Administer fairly, company and personnel policies.
- Employ good human relations skills.
- Train and motivate a competent workforce
- Understand and apply terms of the labor agreement as needed.
- Plan weekly hourly staffing for all shifts with other Production Supervisors
- Plan weekly supervisor coverage with other Production Supervisors
- Plan production levels and makeups with supervisors and Production Supervisors
- Coordinate all activities on shift with other shifts
- Answer grievances at Step 2 level
- Coordinate safety activities on shift and communicate with other shifts
- Proven supervisory, leadership and management skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities necessary to develop a workforce with a strong team attitude for success.
- In-plant training or on-the-job training is a plus especially in the foundry environment.
- At least five years experiences as a Production Supervisor