Full-Time Maintenance Technician Opportunity
- Basic repair and maintenance of building and grounds equipment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and repair of electrical fixtures and equipment, plumbing fixtures and systems, heating, ventilating and air conditioning unit and systems, elevators, boilers, chillers, structural components and a variety of specialty machinery and equipment.
- Under supervision, perform basic preventive, predictive and reliability centered maintenance tasks.
- Drive light trucks, use power and hand tools.
- Provide prompt attention to customer requests or concerns and performs the work in the least disruptive manner possible.
- Provide support for customer and department specialty projects.
- May be required to work variable hours and weekends.
· Hand and power tool use.
· Basic arithmetic
· Have some knowledge of the materials and tools used in the carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing masonry and mechanical trades.
· Ability to operate light trucks.
· Read and write English at a level necessary for job success.
· Follow oral and written directions.
· Present a neat, professional appearance.
· Perform work in a safe manner.
· Accurately follow instructions.
· Work independently of others.
· Keep simple record and reports.
· Perform strenuous physical labor in adverse weather conditions.
· Required to stand for long periods of time, up to a standard 8 hour shift.
· Climb and work from ladders or other high places.
· Climb or descend a minimum of six flights of stairs within a specified time limit.
· Able to use both hands.
· Able to lift and move 70 pounds or more.
· High school education or equivalent.
· 2 years’ experience in building maintenance or construction.
· Possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
· Submit to a drug screening test and criminal background check.