SVI International, Inc. is a manufacturer of the well-known SVI brand of Direct-Fit repair products in addition to distributing other well-known brands. Our 55,000 sq. ft corporate facility is in DeKalb, IL and distribution facilities in Baltimore, MD, and Los Angeles, CA.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
- Conduct in-bound receiving and inspection
- Coordinate placing product in proper stock location with receiving assistant and help from other warehouse personnel
- Develops and follows QA procedures and work instructions
- Implement measures or controls to ensure repeatable, consistent, desired results.
- Document and maintain QA standards with inspection and procedures.
- Provide and supervise inspection activity for products throughout receiving process.
- Inspection of first article samples for approval with interaction where needed with engineering
- Proactively communicate with peers to ensure awareness of progress and issues
- The ability to apply skills in a manner to ensure proper decisions for acceptance or rejection of goods
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming products from vendors
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations
- Read blueprints and specifications to understand the requirements of products
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Measure product dimensions to examine fit and functionality to the required specifications
- Recommend improvements to the products and processes to increase quality
- Document inspection results by completing and submitting inspection reports
- Work to resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s or associate degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of progressive quality control and receiving experience
- Strong understanding of blueprints, machining, and fabricating
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment including meeting time-sensitive stock replenishment for shipping demands.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Experience in lean principles and 5S standards
- Robust working knowledge of computer systems including strong Excel skills
SVI International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
• Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• Stable -- traditional, stable, improving processes
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
SVI PROVIDES ON-TIME DELIVERY AND SAME-DAY SHIPPING ON IN-STOCK PARTS FROM ANY OF OUR THREE “READY SHIP” WAREHOUSES IN BALTIMORE, CHICAGO, AND LOS ANGELES.